Suggestions for Jackson's E&M read-through companion?

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding exam questions or exercises on Electricity & Magnetism at a university level, specifically equivalent to those in Purcell's Electricity & Magnetism book. The person has already searched online and checked various books, but is still looking for more resources. They also mention using J.D. Jackson's "Classical Electrodynamics" and looking for similar online resources that follow the text. Lastly, they mention finding a book on RF/Microwave circuits and antennas, but are unsure about its quality and are seeking more information on it.
mR_planck
Hi. :)
I'm looking for exam questions or exercises on Electricity & Magnetism (with solution if possible). The level should be *roughly* equivalent to the exercises in Purcell, Electricity & Magnetism, Berkeley Physics Course (usually 2nd year at university) in content.
I've googled already and found a few exams on various websites (mitocw,etc.).
I've also checked some books (Griffith - however no solutions :(, Tipler, schaum...however I'm not 100% happy what these books offer me...).

So my question is: Does anyone know a good place where I can get some past papers
on E&M - a book, website or anything else? (Maybe one can email them to me)

Thanks in advance for the responses.

cu

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi guys,

I'm a grad student working out of J.D. Jackson's "Classical Electrodynamics" 3rd ed.

I've been systematically working through the book, trying to wade through the "in-between steps" in the chapters. After some digging, I've found a few online resources where professors have posted copies of their lecture notes (which are very helpful when things get especially frustrating.)

I'm wondering if anyone has any recomendations for similar (and naturally, reliable) online resources which follow Jackson's text?

Note: I'm not looking for solutions to the problems, just the in-between steps in the chapter text.

Thanks! :)

I stumbled across this book in the library and was intrigued by fact that it seems oriented towards engineers (it goes through a fair bit of material on RF/Microwave circuits and antennas for example), but it includes a few chapters on special/general relativity and quantum electrodynamics. Topic-wise, it sounds like it might be a really interesting read, but my math skills aren't strong enough to really evaluate it at this point. I couldn't find any reviews online, so I'm curious, does anyone know anything about this book?

1. What is the purpose of a read-through companion for Jackson's E&M?

A read-through companion for Jackson's E&M is designed to provide additional support and guidance for readers as they work through the textbook. It can clarify confusing concepts, provide example problems, and offer tips and strategies for understanding the material.

2. Is the read-through companion meant to replace the textbook?

No, the read-through companion is not meant to replace the textbook. It is meant to supplement the textbook and provide additional support for readers.

3. Who can benefit from using a read-through companion for Jackson's E&M?

Students, teachers, and anyone studying Jackson's E&M can benefit from using a read-through companion. It can be especially helpful for those who are struggling with the material or looking for additional resources to aid in their understanding.

4. Are there any specific features or resources included in the read-through companion?

The specific features and resources included in a read-through companion may vary, but some common elements may include practice problems, concept explanations, visual aids, and study tips. Some read-through companions may also include online resources such as videos or interactive simulations.

5. How can I access a read-through companion for Jackson's E&M?

A read-through companion for Jackson's E&M may be available through the publisher's website, online bookstores, or through your school or university. Some read-through companions may also be available in e-book or PDF form for purchase or download.