Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Switchyard components names

  1. Feb 18, 2016 #1
    Dear friends

    I need the names of these components show in attached pictures of Switchyards. So that I will get information form google and there manufacturer.

    Picture 1


    Picture 2

    Picture 3

  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 18, 2016 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

  4. Feb 18, 2016 #3

    jim hardy

    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

  5. Feb 19, 2016 #4
    From a more engineering point of view: in general those pieces of equipment are called clamps. That would be the case of pictures #1 and #3, where the bus is connected to a dropper (downward cable). When there is an angle connection where there may be electrodinamic or mechanical forces , as in #2, they are called strain clamps.
  6. Feb 19, 2016 #5
    thanks buddy your the life saver to me.....
  7. Feb 19, 2016 #6
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook