Take-home free response question on plants

In summary, the conversation discussed a free response question which involved three different types of plants - a C3 plant (begonia), a C4 plant (sugarcane), and a CAM plant (cactus). These plants were placed in a transparent sealed container outside, receiving adequate sunlight during the day. After four weeks, only the cactus survived, while the begonia died first and then the sugarcane. The question asked why this happened and how the cactus was able to survive.The experts suggested that the first step in understanding the question is to research and gain knowledge about each type of plant. This information can then be used to explain why the begonia, a C3 plant, died first. C3 plants require
brycewillard
Here is the information for the free response question. Please help me!
Answers must be in essay form. Labeled diagrams may be used to supplement discussion, but in no case will a diagram alone suffice. It is important that you read the question before you begin to write.

1. This transparent sealed container contained plenty of water for the plants and was placed outside, where it received adequate sunshine during the day. Plant A is a begonia, which is a C3 plant. Plant B is sugarcane, which is a C4 plant. Plant C is a cactus, which is a CAM plant.

After four weeks, the only plant left alive was the cactus. Records indicate that the begonia died first and then the sugarcane. Based on what you know about these different kinds of plants, explain what happened. How was the cactus able to survive and why did the begonia die first?

Please refer to the attachment to see the picture that the question is referring to.

THANKS

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 413
Physics news on Phys.org
Please tell us it is a joke and in fact you don't expect us to do your homework. Please.

We can help you understand if you don't get something, but don't hope for more.

It is a question that I do not understand. If you can help me than please do.
Thanks

Can you elaborate on what you don't understand? I would think the first thing you need to do is research each type of plant. Once you have that information, you can use it to explain why the begonia dies first and the cactus last under the conditions given.

1. What is a take-home free response question on plants?

A take-home free response question on plants is a type of test or assignment where you are asked to answer a question or problem related to plants in a written format, outside of a traditional classroom setting. This type of question allows for more in-depth and independent thinking as opposed to multiple-choice or short answer questions.

2. How do I approach a take-home free response question on plants?

First, read the question carefully and make sure you understand what is being asked. Then, gather information from reliable sources such as textbooks, scientific articles, or reputable websites. Use your knowledge and critical thinking skills to formulate a well-supported answer. Don't forget to proofread and edit your response before submitting.

3. What topics are typically covered in a take-home free response question on plants?

Take-home free response questions on plants can cover a wide range of topics, including plant anatomy, physiology, ecology, evolution, and diversity. They may also involve discussing plant interactions with the environment, human impacts on plants, and the importance of plants in our daily lives.

4. How much time should I spend on a take-home free response question on plants?

The amount of time to spend on a take-home free response question on plants will depend on the complexity of the question and your familiarity with the topic. It is recommended to allocate enough time to carefully read and understand the question, do research, and write a thorough response. It is also important to leave enough time for proofreading and editing.

5. How can I ensure a successful response to a take-home free response question on plants?

To ensure a successful response, make sure to thoroughly read and understand the question, use reputable sources to gather information, and support your answer with evidence and examples. It is also important to follow any guidelines or instructions provided by your instructor. Lastly, take your time to proofread and edit your response for clarity and accuracy.