Teaching myself physics of Perpeltion angle

In summary, for an independent study in a grade 11-2 math course, the student is trying to understand the physics behind throwing a ball and is having trouble coming up with equations to help with this. They mention variables such as starting height, distance over time, and force applied. Air resistance is not a factor. The equations involved include angles, height, initial velocity, gravity, mass, time, and distance. Recommendations for formulas to help with the kinematics of motion are given, including F = m*a.
Crookes

Homework Statement

Im try to teach myself the physics behind throwing a ball. Its for an independent study I am doing for a grade 11-2 math corse. I am having trouble with coming up with equations to help me figure out different parts of the over all picture of throw a ball.

I.E The starting hight, the d/t, and the force applied when given other varibables.

Homework Equations

Air resictence is not applied.

The Attempt at a Solution

I know that the equation involves angles, hight, inital velocity, gravity, mass, time, and distance...?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Trajectories depend on the initial velocities and direction and gravity. After release it's just gravity until the Earth intervenes.

The initial velocity will depend on mass and force to accelerate the mass to its initial velocity.

Here are some formulas that will help you with the kinematics of motion.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=905663&postcount=2

Those and F = m*a should give you a good start.

I would suggest starting by familiarizing yourself with the basic principles of physics, such as Newton's laws of motion and the equations of motion. These will provide a foundation for understanding the physics behind throwing a ball. You can then use these principles to derive equations specific to throwing a ball, such as the projectile motion equations. Additionally, it may be helpful to consult textbooks or online resources for examples and practice problems to reinforce your understanding. Finally, don't be afraid to reach out to a physics teacher or tutor for guidance and clarification if needed. Good luck with your independent study!

1. What is the concept of perception angle in physics?

The perception angle in physics refers to the angle at which an object or event is observed by an observer. It is the angle between the line of sight of the observer and the direction of the object or event being observed.

2. How does perception angle affect our perception of objects?

The perception angle can greatly influence our perception of objects as it determines the amount of visual information we receive about the object. A small perception angle may result in a limited view, while a larger perception angle allows for a more comprehensive understanding of the object's shape and size.

3. Can perception angle be measured or calculated?

Yes, perception angle can be measured or calculated using trigonometric principles. It can be determined by measuring the distance between the object and the observer, as well as the angle of elevation or depression of the object from the observer's line of sight.

4. How does the brain interpret perception angles?

The brain uses the information received from the perception angle to create a mental representation of the object. It uses visual cues such as depth perception, relative size, and motion to interpret and understand the object's position and orientation.

5. Are there any real-life applications of understanding perception angles in physics?

Yes, understanding perception angles is crucial in fields such as aviation, architecture, and sports. It helps pilots to accurately judge distances and angles while flying, and architects to design buildings with optimal lighting and space. In sports, athletes use their understanding of perception angles to improve their performance and accuracy.