Tesla cybertruck is it a good electric vehicle

In summary, the conversation discusses the Tesla Cybertruck and its promised range of 250-500 miles and 1-3 electric motors. The discussion also touches on its potential safety in hailstorms and its comparison to other vehicles, as well as its 0-60mph time and usability as a pickup truck. The body design is said to be influenced by other vehicles and futuristic designs.
ZebulonPrime
tesla cybertruck does promise a range of 250 to 500 miles and has 1 - 3 electric motors. Is this a good electric vehicle purely based on just its specs.

Engineering news on Phys.org
ZebulonPrime said:
tesla cybertruck does promise a range of 250 to 500 miles and has 1 - 3 electric motors. Is this a good electric vehicle purely based on just its specs.
define "good"

I've heard it's pretty safe in a hailstorm. Unless the hail is baseball size...

https://s.marketwatch.com/public/resources/images/MW-HV794_tesla__ZH_20191122064602.jpg

1575151759016.png

• Haha
Likes Klystron, gmax137, davenn and 3 others
If hail like that was coming down no car would really be safe. By good i mean is it as good or better then current vehicles like it.

The problem is that at this point we just don't know. While it is promised to have a range of 250-500 miles, that doesn't necessarily mean the final production model is going to be able to do that. Also, the only IRL comparison we've had so far is the tug of war between it and a ford f-150 (which might not have even had the same type of specs as it)

AndyY said:
IRL comparison
What does that mean?

anorlunda said:
What does that mean?
In Real Life

Likes AndyY and anorlunda
It also talks about the up to three motors it will have in it and the times that is takes to go 0-60.

ZebulonPrime said:
It also talks about the up to three motors it will have in it and the times that is takes to go 0-60.
For a pickup truck? I really don't care about 0-60mph times for any pickup truck that I may own. I care about 4WD performance off-road, suspension articulation (and preferably ways to adjust ride height off-road to maximize ground clearance, versus lower ride height on-road to minimize roll-over issues during evasive maneuvers). I also want at least two motocross bikes (and preferably 3-4) to fit easily in the truck bed, and I want good towing capability.

This is supposed to be a truck, right? If it can act like a sports car in "insane mode", that's fine. As long as it can be a good utility truck too...

http://www.mxwebsites.com/images/dirt-bike-photos/beaumont-hills-dirtbike.jpg

1575337578257.png

Likes phinds
berkeman said:
For a pickup truck? I really don't care about 0-60mph times for any pickup truck that I may own. I care about 4WD performance off-road, suspension articulation (and preferably ways to adjust ride height off-road to maximize ground clearance, versus lower ride height on-road to minimize roll-over issues during evasive maneuvers).
Yeah, he seems to be going for the "gee whiz" factor more than actual usability.

phinds said:
Yeah, he seems to be going for the "gee whiz" factor more than actual usability.
Pick up (girls) truck, maybe :wink:

berkeman said:
minimize roll-over issues during evasive maneuvers
I outran a motorcycle cop once, in a Dodge pickup with a 318. Tell you what, that'll never happen no more.

Wait. I mean, "I had a friend, who..."

Likes Klystron
My physical therapist waxes ecstatic about the Tesla e-truck including placing a deposit on a production model; two engine four wheel drive, I believe. My reaction to his description of the body styling was to ask if the design is meant to deflect radar; i.e, a 'stealth truck'. Consensus is that the body design was influenced by the stainless steel Delorean DMC, certain Lotus sport cars owned by Elon Musk and futurific vehicles featured in films such as "Blade Runner".

While considering replacing my trusty Tacoma pickup truck, one of the last models produced at the NUMMI plant in Fremont California, with an electric or hybrid vehicle; I do not see a Tesla truck in my future.

1575399289490.png

Klystron said:
Consensus is that the body design was influenced by the stainless steel Delorean DMC, certain Lotus sport cars owned by Elon Musk and futurific vehicles featured in films such as "Blade Runner".

see this from @jack action

Aside: How do you guys make the little clickable link to another post? I think I got this to work, but I copy/pasted the URL, there must be a quicker way?

gmax137 said:
see this from @jack action

Aside: How do you guys make the little clickable link to another post? I think I got this to work, but I copy/pasted the URL, there must be a quicker way?
Nope. That's how it's done.

• Informative
Likes gmax137

1. Is the Tesla Cybertruck a good electric vehicle?

Yes, the Tesla Cybertruck is considered a good electric vehicle due to its impressive range, fast acceleration, and innovative design.

2. How far can the Tesla Cybertruck travel on a single charge?

The Tesla Cybertruck has a range of up to 500 miles on a single charge, making it one of the longest-range electric vehicles on the market.

3. What is the acceleration like on the Tesla Cybertruck?

The Tesla Cybertruck has impressive acceleration, with the ability to go from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.9 seconds.

4. Is the Tesla Cybertruck suitable for off-roading?

Yes, the Tesla Cybertruck is designed to be a rugged and durable vehicle, making it suitable for off-roading adventures.

5. How does the price of the Tesla Cybertruck compare to other electric vehicles?

The price of the Tesla Cybertruck starts at $39,900, which is comparable to other electric vehicles on the market. However, the Cybertruck's unique design and features may make it more expensive for some models.