Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The bermuda triangle is a black hole?

1. Dec 31, 2004 #1
    i don't know if this subject was already discussed but i am really intrested to know ur opinions about the bermuda triangle lately considered a blakc hole.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 31, 2004 #2
    If BT was a blackhole then it would have absorbed all matter of earth and radiated it out as energy a long time ago.

4. Dec 31, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Before we assign any fantastic explanations, we need to have something fantastic to explain. Although there are some inexplicable events related to the area known as the BT, this is far from demanding that anything so incredible as a black hole is responsible. According to Lloyds of London, the worlds largest maritime insurance company, the risk of traveling the BT is no greater than anywhere else.

It now appears that deposits of methane clathrate hydrate in this area may produce occasional large releases of methane gas capable of sinking ships and downing airplanes. If there was a mystery to the BT, this is almost certainly the cause. I suspect that these deposits will eventually account for several mysteries around the planet.

5. Dec 31, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?