The best places to buy motors/servos

• Thread starter bjon-07
  • Start date
In summary, when choosing a place to buy motors/servos, it's important to consider factors such as price, quality, customer reviews, and variety of products offered. Some reputable online retailers that specialize in motors/servos include SparkFun, Adafruit, and Pololu. Whether it's better to buy from a local store or online depends on personal preference and convenience. It's important to research both options and choose the one that best fits your needs. As for specific brands and models, it's recommended to do your research and read reviews to determine which brand and model will best suit your needs. While you can purchase directly from the manufacturer, it's important to compare prices and do your research to ensure the best deal.
bjon-07
Out of utter boredom this summer I would like to create a remote control beer can opener. I have been to radio shack but all the motors there are too weak to open a can of beer. Do any of you know any good websites that sells cheap motors.

thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
your local junk yard or auto salvage yard has some very powerful DC motors , off the top , i can say that an auto power window motor is a good strong motor..
it won't be new but it will be cheap..

There are several websites that are great for purchasing motors and servos for your remote control beer can opener project. Some popular options include SparkFun, Adafruit, and Pololu. These websites offer a variety of motors and servos at different price points, so you can find one that fits your budget and meets your project needs. Additionally, you may want to check out hobby stores such as HobbyKing or Tower Hobbies, as they often have a selection of motors and servos as well. Good luck with your project!

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a place to buy motors/servos?

When looking for the best place to buy motors/servos, it's important to consider factors such as price, quality, customer reviews, and variety of products offered. You want to make sure you are getting a good deal on a high-quality product that will meet your specific needs.

2. Are there any reputable online retailers that specialize in motors/servos?

Yes, there are several reputable online retailers that specialize in motors/servos such as SparkFun, Adafruit, and Pololu. These retailers have a wide selection of products and are known for their excellent customer service and fast shipping.

3. Is it better to buy motors/servos from a local store or online?

This ultimately depends on personal preference and convenience. Local stores may offer the advantage of being able to see and test the product before purchasing, but online retailers often have a larger selection and may offer lower prices. It's important to research both options and choose the one that best fits your needs.

4. Are there any specific brands or models of motors/servos that are recommended?

There are many reputable brands and models of motors/servos available on the market. It's important to do your research and read reviews to determine which brand and model will best suit your needs. Some popular brands include Mabuchi, Maxon, and Futaba.

5. Can I purchase motors/servos directly from the manufacturer?

In most cases, yes, you can purchase motors/servos directly from the manufacturer. However, this may not always be the most cost-effective option. It's important to compare prices and do your research to make sure you are getting the best deal.