The factor by which the acoustic power is changed is 7943.28

• Thread starter woaini
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sound
In summary, the number 7943.28 is a factor used to determine the acoustic power, which is directly related to the loudness of sound. This factor is determined through experiments and can vary depending on different factors such as distance, environment, and equipment used. It is important for scientists to carefully measure and consider these factors when determining the factor for a specific situation.
woaini
Sound "Factor of"

Homework Statement

The intensity level of a particular sound coming through a medium gets reduced from 80 dB to 41 dB. By what factor is the acoustic power that can pass through changed by?

B1=80
B2=41

Homework Equations

10*log([itex]\frac{I2}{I1}[/itex]) = B1-B2

The Attempt at a Solution

I was wondering if I applied the correct method.

log([itex]\frac{I2}{I1}[/itex]) = 3.9

Using anti-log I get:
[itex]\frac{I2}{I1}[/itex] = 7943.28

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks right to me.

What is the significance of the number 7943.28 in relation to acoustic power?

The number 7943.28 is the factor by which the acoustic power is changed. This means that the original acoustic power has been multiplied by 7943.28 to get the new acoustic power.

How is the factor by which acoustic power is changed determined?

The factor by which acoustic power is changed is determined by conducting experiments and analyzing data. Scientists use specialized equipment to measure the acoustic power and then perform calculations to determine the factor.

Can the factor by which acoustic power is changed vary?

Yes, the factor by which acoustic power is changed can vary depending on the specific conditions and variables involved. In different environments or with different equipment, the factor may be different.

How does the factor by which acoustic power is changed affect sound?

The factor by which acoustic power is changed directly affects the loudness of sound. The higher the factor, the louder the sound will be. This is because acoustic power is directly related to the intensity or loudness of sound.

Is the factor by which acoustic power is changed a constant value?

No, the factor by which acoustic power is changed is not a constant value. It can vary depending on different factors such as distance, environment, and equipment used. It is important for scientists to carefully measure and consider these factors when determining the factor for a specific situation.