Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Philadelphia Eagles Thread

1. Aug 10, 2005 #1

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

This thread will remain open until the Eagles win the Super Bowl. No, that isn't a prediction, just a statement of fact....

....So how 'bout that T.O.?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2005 #2
    I am a Cowboys fan, but the Eagles look good again, just as they have for the past 3 or 4 years. Lets see if they can get it done this year though.

4. Aug 10, 2005 #3

russ_watters

You have my sincereist condolences.

edit: Ordinarily, you wouldn't, but these past few years, it hasn't been much of a rivalry. If I met you in a bar on October 9th, I'd buy you a beer out of sympathy.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2005
  5. Aug 10, 2005 #4
    Hell yes, my man WB is back. Shouldn't have held out though...

What I am really excited for is the Flyers w/ Forsberg and new Defense. They will be unstoppable

6. Sep 1, 2005 #5

russ_watters

So my two friends and I were able to procure season tickets to the Eagles! We tried unsuccessfully to sell the tickets for last Friday's game, so I went with two of my friends. Pic attached (my roommate had a gig, so the girl on the left used his ticket). We got there late and missed TO's big catch, but it was still a good time. Gonna be a great season!

Attached Files:

7. Sep 1, 2005 #6

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Is Babe Ruth still playing for the Eagles? :confused:

8. Sep 1, 2005 #7
    Yeah, um, this thread will be open for a long time. You were my favorites to win the super bowl back around March, but since your team has literally crumbled apart.

I think more than anything you will be hurt by the loss of Pinkston, i don't really see anything after T.O and teams will be able to shamelessly double team him without worrying about it in the least.

Losing Corey Simon was also big, yeah, he wanted to much money for what he was worth, but sometimes, especially in a super bowl run like you guys are in, you gotta be willing to shell out money. You guys are so far under the cap it's not even funny, and the best part is you have a good team. If you had an owner who wasn't a cheap bastard and was willing to actually spend money to get the final parts of a team together, you could have easily been the superbowl favorites this year. But you won't pay for the talent that you need to get, and that is going to be the deathknell of your team.

Lastly, the T.O situation isn't going to help anybody. I don't remember a legendary QB-WR tandem that weren't friends. TO is a cancer to teams, and while I think pure talent will keep McNabb to TO very effective, they will not achieve their potential if they can't talk.

The colts, now with Simon, I think must be considered the favorite at this point to win it all. Freeney and Simon might be one of the scariest lines in the NFL, only beind Carolina. Unfortunately, my Browns still have a long, long way to go.

~Lyuokdea

9. Sep 1, 2005 #8

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I would love to b***h slap T.O.

10. Sep 1, 2005 #9

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I guess I will have to get my husband to join PF now!! He is a HUGE Eagles fan being that he grew up in Reading PA. After this past year Super Bowl, I avoided him for a few days.

11. Sep 1, 2005 #10

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I won't say I've given up on being an Eagles fan, but I have given on picking them to win it all. I honestly believed they'd win each of the last three super bowls, and I know they had the talent to do it. I really hope that TO doesn't destroy this season. Team chemistry matters more in football than in any other sport.

12. Sep 1, 2005 #11

russ_watters

Um, have you ever watched an Eagles game? :bugeye:
    So would I, but it appears Andy has his leash cinched up nice and tight for now. There is nothing funnier than a 6 foot tall 6 year old throwing a hissy fit and still not getting his way.

13. Oct 9, 2005 #12
    :rolleyes: Thanks :tongue2:

Who would have thought the Eagles would be last in their division after 5 games? :smile:

14. Oct 9, 2005 #13

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I would have gladly done this a couple of seasons ago, but now in Philly he seems to be growing up some.

Go Browns....errr, yeah, that's right.

PS: Go Bengals too ! :uhh:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2005
  15. Oct 9, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why even bother? :rofl: Oh, right, I moved out of Cincy, they're allowed to win again (it seems wherever I move, the team starts losing). :rolleyes:

16. Oct 10, 2005 #15
    T.O. is ripped. He played well last nite in the philly/dallas game, mind you he usualyl does doesn't he?

17. Oct 10, 2005 #16

russ_watters

Boy, I shoulda known that one would come back to bite me on the ass. :surprised

That game was just inexplicable. I actually didn't watch it (I was on a plane), but from what I heard/read, pretty much everyone just played bad.

The only obvious problems with the team are Akers being down (but his replacement is doing ok) and a slightly weak running game (but when McNabb passes for 350yd, that shouldn't matter).

18. Oct 11, 2005 #17

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I still don't understand why the Eagles didn't make a strong push for Shaun Alexander over the summer. They had the space and he and Seattle both wanted him moved. He's only leading the NFL in rushing again.

19. Oct 31, 2005 #18
    The Eagles had me worried yesterday. If it was not for that interception I am not sure what would have happened. Amazing how one play can change the momentum like that. The Cowboys have a bye week and then play the Eagles again, not sure what will happen.

20. Oct 31, 2005 #19

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yeah, I just thought that turn of events was a crying shame. :rofl:

The Broncos finally discovered the secret to ending their fourth quarter woes - blow the lead in the third quarter while there's still time to turn things around.

21. Oct 31, 2005 #20
    :rofl:

The Cowboys like to lose games in the last minute. We play great for that first 59 minutes of the game, but teams often come back and win/tie in the last minute: Seahawks (Loss, TD + FG in last minute), Giants (Win-OT, TD 19 sec left), Redskins (Loss, TD 17 sec left), and almost against the Chargers in the last seconds.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?