Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The slurp spiders are back

1. Nov 7, 2005 #1

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

The slurp spiders are back!!

In addition, they've brought along a new species: The crawler spiders.
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2005 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The slurp spiders never go away. They are what the various search engines use to index the site. I for one am glad they're here, because Google is more effective at searching PF than our own search feature is! :tongue:

4. Nov 7, 2005 #3

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I'm not sure I believe you. Besides, whatever was the point of dragging the crawler spiders along with them? :grumpy:

5. Nov 7, 2005 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know what the crawler spiders do. Greg or Warren would probably know.

6. Nov 7, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They're just spiders from a different search engine. And, yeah, they've never gone away...actually, I think they've gotten bolder...I see them trying to post replies now, not just viewing threads! :eek: Crawler spiders don't bother me, that's what spiders are supposed to do, but those slurping ones are still quite scary. :surprised :rofl:

7. Nov 7, 2005 #6
    Well I would hope a multibillion dollar company can create a better search :)
    However, google's results are never less than a week outdated.

8. Nov 7, 2005 #7

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I once ran a google search, I forget what for, but one of the results I got was a reply page to a thread, pre written by someone else, with the submit button just waiting to be pushed. Weird.

9. Nov 7, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

So did you push it? Did anything happen? Didn't launch any ICBM's or anything, did you?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?