What new species of spiders have returned and what impact could they have?

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, the slurp spiders are back and they've brought along a new species- the crawler spiders. They've never gone away, but Crawler spiders don't bother me as much as the slurp spiders do.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
The slurp spiders are back!

In addition, they've brought along a new species: The crawler spiders.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
The slurp spiders never go away. They are what the various search engines use to index the site. I for one am glad they're here, because Google is more effective at searching PF than our own search feature is! :tongue:

I'm not sure I believe you. Besides, whatever was the point of dragging the crawler spiders along with them? :grumpy:

I don't know what the crawler spiders do. Greg or Warren would probably know.

They're just spiders from a different search engine. And, yeah, they've never gone away...actually, I think they've gotten bolder...I see them trying to post replies now, not just viewing threads! :eek: Crawler spiders don't bother me, that's what spiders are supposed to do, but those slurping ones are still quite scary. :rofl:

Tom Mattson said:
The slurp spiders never go away. They are what the various search engines use to index the site. I for one am glad they're here, because Google is more effective at searching PF than our own search feature is! :tongue:

Well I would hope a multibillion dollar company can create a better search :)
However, google's results are never less than a week outdated.

Moonbear said:
They're just spiders from a different search engine. And, yeah, they've never gone away...actually, I think they've gotten bolder...I see them trying to post replies now, not just viewing threads!

I once ran a google search, I forget what for, but one of the results I got was a reply page to a thread, pre written by someone else, with the submit button just waiting to be pushed. Weird.

So did you push it? Did anything happen? Didn't launch any ICBM's or anything, did you?

1. What are slurp spiders?

Slurp spiders are a type of arachnid that are known for their sticky, slurping tongues that they use to catch and consume their prey. They are typically found in tropical and subtropical regions.

2. Where do slurp spiders live?

Slurp spiders are typically found in warm, humid environments such as rainforests, swamps, and gardens. They prefer to live in dark, damp areas where they can build their webs and catch prey.

3. Are slurp spiders dangerous to humans?

While slurp spiders do have venom, they are not considered dangerous to humans. Their venom is primarily used to immobilize their prey, which is usually small insects and other arachnids. They rarely bite humans and their venom is not strong enough to cause serious harm.

4. How do slurp spiders catch their prey?

Slurp spiders use their sticky tongues to catch their prey. They will wait patiently for an insect or other small arachnid to walk by, and then they will quickly shoot out their tongue and reel in their prey. They may also use their strong legs to trap their prey in their webs.

5. How can I get rid of slurp spiders in my home?

If you find slurp spiders in your home, the best way to get rid of them is to remove any potential sources of food and moisture. This will make your home less attractive to them. You can also use a vacuum to remove any spiders you see and seal up any cracks or openings where they may be entering your home.