Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The SN74HC14 hex inverter Oscillator

1. Jul 3, 2011 #1
    Have any of you seen the Expert village you tube vids? I saw that they only explain how to build a square wave Oscillator. Do any of you know of a simple circuit that will creat an adjustable sign wave?

I have been through many circuits and had success in learning from project kits. I know the beginnings of logic but I am still memorizing stuff. I know how to bread board at least.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2011 #2
    Logic gates, being very non-linear, would require a lot of filtering to produce anything close to a sine wave. To make a sine wave it's much easier to use linear components. Look up the Hartley and Colpitts oscillators if you want an adjustable sine wave.

4. Jul 4, 2011 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Another option is to use a signal generator IC, or put together a signal generator kit. Here is a Google Images search of signal generator IC:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook