The Ultimate Loss of Civil Liberties: Innocent Man Shot Dead in UK

• News
  • Thread starter alexandra
  • Start date
It's different if the shooter believed he was killing a suicide bomber or had a remote contolled detonator because he/she would be trying to destroy the brain to prevent reflex action therefore the amount of rounds would depend on whether the target is moving at all (keep firing until all movement is stopped)

I wonder why the IPCC omitted parts of her statement. I was about to say "hopefully that was a mistake", but why would I be hopeful that the people investigating this tragedy were prone to such mistakes? But nor do I hope they are being selective over the evidence they cite. A lose-lost scenario for the British public, I figure.

Daminc said:
It's different if the shooter believed he was killing a suicide bomber or had a remote contolled detonator because he/she would be trying to destroy the brain to prevent reflex action therefore the amount of rounds would depend on whether the target is moving at all (keep firing until all movement is stopped)
A bullet in the brain can just as easily cause involuntary movement.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm no doctor :)
What I do know is that military personel are trained that in those circumstances (potential suicide bomber or remote detonation) you're to keep firing until the body seizes all movement.

I wonder why the IPCC omitted parts of her statement.
I'm sure you are aware that witnessess make bad witnessess. If there was 30 witnessess it would be unlikely that any of them would see the same thing. The trick, I think, is to listen to all of them and find the correlations. It takes a lot of training to observe details in a high stress situation.

Daminc said:
I'm sure you are aware that witnessess make bad witnessess. If there was 30 witnessess it would be unlikely that any of them would see the same thing. The trick, I think, is to listen to all of them and find the correlations. It takes a lot of training to observe details in a high stress situation.
But why that part of her statement? After all, she is the only person to have correctly counted the number of shots fired. It seems odd to deem her a credible enough witness to make a statement, then to omit part of the statement she seemed spot-on about.

arildno said:
Since a SINGLE head shot wound is most often immediately incapacitating (and probably fatal), the fact that he was shot a multiple number of times in his head should, by itself, raise grave doubts as to what actually went on within the shooter's heads.
Correction.

The reports saod he was shot at the base of the skull ... the medulla oblongata to sever the brain stem and prevent all voluntary and autonomic functions from taking place.

Even the Mafia only resorts to a 'double tap'.

People keep stating 'remote detonation'. This is the process specifically used to combat this situation. So three guys have taken out your bomber who is now laid on the floor under their combined weight... dead.

A 'remote detonator' is a person who secretes himself within the bystanders but out of the blast range and uses a cell phone or a radio controled trigger to set off the bomb delibeately taking out the security forces who took him down and any other opportune target.

I was speaking about 'either/or'. If intel had got 'reliable' information that an individual had a remote detonator on him OR a person was an actual walking bomb then the method of take-down would be the same.

But why that part of her statement? After all, she is the only person to have correctly counted the number of shots fired. It seems odd to deem her a credible enough witness to make a statement, then to omit part of the statement she seemed spot-on about.
That news article said she counted the rounds as she was running away. Is that right?
Also, a previous article said that the surveillance guy, whilst holding the victim, heard one shot and then several more. I don't think he mentioned anything about the timing of the shots. It would be unlikely IMO that the guy would hold onto the victim for very long.

These timing issues seem a bit odd to me.

Cheers for the heads up arildno :smile:

It'll be interesting to see what conclusions they arrive at.