Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The weather is absolutely beautiful outside today!

1. Mar 10, 2006 #1
    The weather is absolutely beautiful outside today! Spring has arrived! :biggrin: Its so nice outside I had to make a thread to share it.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 10, 2006 #2
    Aww, thanks for spreading the good weather. It arrived here today too! Even the black crusty snowpiles are gone! Doors and windows tossed open and it no longer smells like winter. Lots of flowers are pokeing up, with purple crocus joining the very early yellow ones.

4. Mar 10, 2006 #3
    It is extremely windy here, but Spring Break is now here :cool:

5. Mar 10, 2006 #4
    Now aren't you glad TKC reached 10,000 posts? If any of you have a request for similar weather, just ask me. I've been doing everything possible to help you, but I might have overlooked a few details.

6. Mar 10, 2006 #5
    What will happen on the 100,000 post?

7. Mar 10, 2006 #6
    it was super nice here too. cloudy and rainy, but warm, and tomorrow the clouds are gonna go away and its gonna be gorgeous. can't wait. i just got in from playing frisbee and hacky sack. man i've missed being outside.

8. Mar 10, 2006 #7

JamesU

Gold Member

The apocalypse

9. Mar 10, 2006 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, we've had good weather here too. The only problem is, the heat is still on full-blast in the lab. I'm dying here. One window opens, and thankfully, it's the one next to the computer, so I can sit here and try to gasp in some fresh air between tasks in the lab. I also volunteered to run out to the farm to pick up paperwork, and then took a walk to get coffee...anything to get outside today! I wonder if it's going to last. Then again, tomorrow I'll be spending all day in a windowless room, so I hope it's miserable outside. :biggrin:

10. Mar 10, 2006 #9

Lisa!

Gold Member

I just feel stupid if I spend my time inside during spring. It's so nice that you want to spend your time outside! :smile:

11. Mar 10, 2006 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It snowed here a little now and again for the last two days.

12. Mar 10, 2006 #11

Lisa!

Gold Member

That's not fair! It snowed here only 2 or 3 times 2 months ago. :frown:
    I guess I should move to another city.

13. Mar 10, 2006 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

GeorginaS has LOTS of snow tonight. Though, she hasn't replied to me since I told her "neener neener" that it's warm enough to go out without a jacket here. :biggrin: :rofl: I'm sure she'll send you some of her snow if you ask nicely, Lisa!. :smile: And, yep, sure enough, it's going to be a gorgeous day tomorrow when I'll be stuck inside all day. I'm sure we'll get cold and snow again as soon as I get a day off work.

14. Mar 10, 2006 #13
    Yeah it went up to about 60 degrees F today in Troy - an awesome way to start Spring Break.

15. Mar 11, 2006 #14

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That means I'm going to have to start mowing grass soon. I just bought a new riding mower on e-bay for $999.99

[​IMG]

16. Mar 11, 2006 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: That's great!

17. Mar 11, 2006 #16
    In only 5 year's?Will Franzbear! rule the world by then?

18. Mar 11, 2006 #17
    I'm planning on it! :devil:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?