Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #2,241
mmm.. hubba hubba :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,242
Moonbear said:
It's tough on the little fella, being the only thread so mature for his age
Given his true origin (#3376), one can expect him to have an affinity...

Moonbear said:
You're one to talk! Look at what that avatar of yours is doing!
It bears a striking resemblance to the logo on the back of one of my pool team shirts. We had to call ourselves The Humpin' Geckos because the announcers in Vegas wouldn't call The ****in' Lizards to the table over the PA system. :biggrin:

Last edited:
  • #2,243
Danger said:
Given his true origin (#3376), one can expect him to have an affinity...

That's just a myth perpetuated by the non-believers who are going to Hell when the polar ice caps melt and turn Vegas into a beach resort. Peace. :cool:

• #2,244
Moonbear said:
That's just a myth perpetuated by the non-believers who are going to Hell when the polar ice caps melt and turn Vegas into a beach resort. Peace. :cool:
I already have my surf-side chaise longue reserved at the Mirage. :biggrin:

• #2,245
BicycleTree said:
Everyone gets the whole boojum thing by now, right?
Got it. It Ain't going to kill it though. :-p

Did I miss the page where little Franzbear was upsetting animal activists by doing terrible things to his monkey? :confused: :eek: :-p :smile:

• #2,246
Gale17 said:
hey you all...

So, i was looking through some older stuff, and... this thread didn't want to die but, well i linked it to the last page so you could see its inevitable death.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=9102&page=1&pp=15

the attempts to keep it alive just sort of reminded me of you all... carry on now..
Gale, you underestimate the depth of our obsession. :smile:

• #2,247
Artman said:
Gale, you underestimate the depth of our obsession. :smile:
Exactly. So about that toy...?

• #2,248
Ah hey there little franzbear, how you been? Sorry i was gone so long, computer work and all. Here, here are some hand grenades for you to go play with. Have fun!

• #2,249
Ughh! My nose is stuffy and I cannot sleep. This is the first time in years that I have been even somewhat sick

• #2,250
mattmns said:
Ughh! My nose is stuffy and I cannot sleep.
That's the sorriest excuse to cover for a thread-addiction that I've ever heard. (I'll have to borrow it some time.)

• #2,251
mattmns said:
Ughh! My nose is stuffy and I cannot sleep. This is the first time in years that I have been even somewhat sick

Sick, or spring allergies? Everything has just started blooming around here, and after such a rainy winter, allergy sufferers are going to be in bad shape (I just get a mildly stuffy nose...they hate me :-p).

• #2,252
You are probably right MB, it probably is just allergies. Either way, I am doing good now.

• #2,253
I'm convinced this thread has no food for thought or for my stomach, but I'll just double check again maybe someone left the coffee pot from the colloquium

• #2,254
cronxeh said:
I'm convinced this thread has no food for thought or for my stomach, but I'll just double check again maybe someone left the coffee pot from the colloquium

Well, if you want to try to reconstitute the burnt on sludge at the bottom of the pot, you're welcome to it. I don't think the fur on it will hurt much. :smile:

• #2,255
Moonbear said:
Well, if you want to try to reconstitute the burnt on sludge at the bottom of the pot, you're welcome to it. I don't think the fur on it will hurt much. :smile:
I'll take it if he doesn't. My rule about coffee is that if it doesn't leap snarling from the cup and rip out my nose hairs, I'll drink it.

• #2,256
Coffee?!

• #2,257
mattmns said:
Coffee?!

Yep, the breakfast of champions! :biggrin:

• #2,258
Danger said:
I'll take it if he doesn't. My rule about coffee is that if it doesn't leap snarling from the cup and rip out my nose hairs, I'll drink it.

*stares at furry sludge in bottom of coffee pot* :bugeye: I'm not so sure about the safety of your nose hairs if you drink it, but it seems to be sitting there pretty quietly at the moment. :smile: Then again, if your nose hairs are long enough for it to get a good grip on them, they probably needed a trim anyway.

• #2,259
Moonbear said:
*stares at furry sludge in bottom of coffee pot* :bugeye: I'm not so sure about the safety of your nose hairs if you drink it, but it seems to be sitting there pretty quietly at the moment. :smile: Then again, if your nose hairs are long enough for it to get a good grip on them, they probably needed a trim anyway.
Ummmmmm. Nose hair ripping coffee.
Yummmmm. :smile:

• #2,260
Why do you always show up right when I have to leave for work? This'll have to wait. Bye.

• #2,261
Danger said:
Why do you always show up right when I have to leave for work? This'll have to wait. Bye.

Carefully devised strategy? Excellent timing? :-p

• #2,262
:biggrin: He should just quit his job so he can post 24/7

• #2,263
hypatia said:
:biggrin: He should just quit his job so he can post 24/7

Darn right! Sometimes you just have to have priorities.

• #2,264
The boojum is a type of Snark, the mythical creature that the crew hunts in _The Hunting of the Snark_, a story by Lewis Carroll. The Snark is a delicious creature that is also useful for striking a light, but the Boojum--if you meet with a Boojum, you might softly and suddenly vanish away. This happens to the Baker.

Now, given the mysterious disappearing powers of this thread, it is a Boojum. You hunt the snark with railway-shares, soap, smiles... and beware the fearsome jubjub bird... and beware the Boojum.

• #2,265
BicycleTree said:
The boojum is a type of Snark, the mythical creature that the crew hunts in _The Hunting of the Snark_, a story by Lewis Carroll. The Snark is a delicious creature that is also useful for striking a light, but the Boojum--if you meet with a Boojum, you might softly and suddenly vanish away. This happens to the Baker.

Now, given the mysterious disappearing powers of this thread, it is a Boojum. You hunt the snark with railway-shares, soap, smiles... and beware the fearsome jubjub bird... and beware the Boojum.

Ah, snark hunting, a long-standing coming-of-age tradition passed down from fathers to sons, and older kids in summer camps to the new kids. :smile:

• #2,266
No, I think that's "snipe hunting."

• #2,267
Yep. My theory about Moonbear psychologically conditioning us to spam in her name is holding up.

I am convinced she is holding back that coffee pot with a box of donuts, and the minute I leave this thread she is going to take it out and lure her next pray.. naa uh.. I figured you out now.

• #2,268
BicycleTree said:
No, I think that's "snipe hunting."

Now that you mention it, "snipe" hunting sounds right. Oh well. Don't you think it would be better to call it snark hunting though? The nerds could send the dumb kids off snark hunting. Anyone who knew what a snark was would of course not be fooled, and they could use that to avoid accidentally victimizing a fellow nerd. :smile:

• #2,269
cronxeh said:
Yep. My theory about Moonbear psychologically conditioning us to spam in her name is holding up.

I am convinced she is holding back that coffee pot with a box of donuts, and the minute I leave this thread she is going to take it out and lure her next pray.. naa uh.. I figured you out now.

:rolleyes: Is he gone yet? The coast looks clear.

*takes out box of donuts and fresh coffee* Anyone need some sugar and caffeine?

• #2,270
mmmm yes to both! Its my 7pm sluggish time..the time when the whole day seems to catch up with me. :zzz:

• #2,271
Sugar and caffeine are unhealthy, you know.

• #2,272
In my family there considered food of the Gods...{jk} The one time I tried to quit coffee I fell into a lethargic stooper which somehow involved the color purple and the knowledge that innocent people were about to be hurt.
So its for the safty of the world that I drink coffee.

• #2,273
The one time I tried to quit coffee I fell into a lethargic stooper which somehow involved the color purple and the knowledge that innocent people were about to be hurt.
Drug addiction is nasty stuff. I have read stories of people who successfully quit coffee and found that they were overall more alert for it.

• #2,274
hypatia said:
mmmm yes to both! Its my 7pm sluggish time..the time when the whole day seems to catch up with me. :zzz:

I hit that somewhere between 3 and 4 PM. Though, with the time change this week, I'm struggling to stay awake past 9 PM (waking up an hour earlier is getting to me).

• #2,275
BicycleTree said:
Sugar and caffeine are unhealthy, you know.

BLASPHEMY!

Caffeine is the nectar of the gods! Life force distilled!

Back