1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ti-83 solver

1. Sep 6, 2003 #1
    does anybody know of any place where i can download a solver program for the ti-83/ti-83+ like the one on the ti-86. My former Ap-chem teacher has asked me to find a solver program for the ti-83 because everybody is using them now that the ti-86 is out of production. I just need a program that can solve quadratic equations without the equation needing to be in standard form to enter it in to the calculator

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2003 #2
  4. Sep 6, 2003 #3
  5. Sep 7, 2003 #4
    ok, thanks for the suggestions, but before i download them i need to know if the programs work like the solver on the ti-86. I want it to be able to solve an equation thats not in standard for. I dont want to have to rearrange everything in the equation untill i have nice little coefficients to put in. I juts wanted to know this because i see how there could be some confusion between the two different types of "solvers".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?