Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ti-83 solver

1. Sep 6, 2003 #1
    does anybody know of any place where i can download a solver program for the ti-83/ti-83+ like the one on the ti-86. My former Ap-chem teacher has asked me to find a solver program for the ti-83 because everybody is using them now that the ti-86 is out of production. I just need a program that can solve quadratic equations without the equation needing to be in standard form to enter it in to the calculator

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2003 #2
  4. Sep 6, 2003 #3
  5. Sep 7, 2003 #4
    ok, thanks for the suggestions, but before i download them i need to know if the programs work like the solver on the ti-86. I want it to be able to solve an equation thats not in standard for. I dont want to have to rearrange everything in the equation untill i have nice little coefficients to put in. I juts wanted to know this because i see how there could be some confusion between the two different types of "solvers".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?