Converting Degrees to Radians on a TI-83+

In summary, the main difference between degrees and radians on a TI calculator is the unit of measurement used to represent angles. To change the mode of your calculator to use radians, press the "MODE" button, navigate to the "ANGLE" option, select "Radian", and press "ENTER". To enter a value in radians, type in the numerical value followed by the "2nd" button and "π" button. The inverse trigonometric functions can also be used in radians by pressing the "2nd" button and corresponding function key. To convert an angle from degrees to radians, use the formula "radians = (degrees x π)/180" or use the "2nd" and "π" buttons.
mrserv0n
Hi guys, ok 120 degrees / 180 degrees x Pie radians = 2.09 Radians

Thats the problem, and the answer Question is how do get that answer on My TI-83+

Physics news on Phys.org
mrserv0n said:
Hi guys, ok 120 degrees / 180 degrees x Pie radians = 2.09 Radians

Thats the problem, and the answer Question is how do get that answer on My TI-83+
The question is: what is 120 deg. in radians? 180 degrees is [itex]\pi[/itex] radians so:

[tex]120\deg = \frac{120}{180}\pi = 2.09333 \text{ radians}[/tex]

AM

Oh i get it, the way its written out on the paper made me think a radian wasnt just a title but a special key. thanks

1. What is the difference between degrees and radians on a TI calculator?

The main difference between degrees and radians is the unit of measurement used to represent angles. Degrees are based on a circle divided into 360 equal parts, while radians are based on a circle divided into 2π (approximately 6.28) equal parts. Radians are often preferred by mathematicians and scientists because they are more convenient for calculations involving calculus and trigonometry.

2. How do I change the mode of my TI calculator to use radians?

To change the mode of your TI calculator to use radians, follow these steps:1. Press the "MODE" button.2. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the "ANGLE" option.3. Press the right arrow key to select "Radian" as the unit of measurement.4. Press the "ENTER" button to save the changes.

3. How do I enter a value in radians on my TI calculator?

To enter a value in radians on your TI calculator, simply type in the numerical value followed by the 2nd button and then the π button. For example, to enter the value in radians, you would type in 2 2nd π.

4. Can I use the inverse trigonometric functions in radians on my TI calculator?

Yes, you can use the inverse trigonometric functions (sin-1, cos-1, tan-1) in radians on your TI calculator. To do so, make sure your calculator is in radians mode and then use the 2nd button followed by the corresponding trigonometric function key.

5. How do I convert an angle from degrees to radians on my TI calculator?

To convert an angle from degrees to radians on your TI calculator, use the following formula: radians = (degrees x π)/180. Alternatively, you can use the 2nd button followed by the π button to convert a value in degrees to radians on your calculator.