Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Today is: INTERNATIONAL BURN A DOLLAR BILL FOR WORLD PEACE DAY

1. Jul 15, 2003 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 15, 2003 #2
    Or you could send me your dollar. I promise I'll burn for you.

edit: are you actually Emanon? If so thats kinda a suprise to see you here... I have seen that name quite a few times on another message board known for shifting its shape.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2003
  4. Jul 15, 2003 #3
    EMANON the monkey with no name...that is me...there is only one of me...

Keep burning those dollars for World Peace otherwise it will never happen.

5. Jul 15, 2003 #4
    and you do shows n cali right?

6. Jul 15, 2003 #5

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Where did you get that from? Burning dollar bills for world peace?? Should I interpret that as: let's deplete the US from money so that they won't have the finances to take military actions?

Interesting, but that sounds really stupid.

7. Jul 15, 2003 #6
    All expenses paid and $10,000 a night?
    Yes, speak to my agent.

8. Jul 15, 2003 #7
    Well the idea is quite simple...
    Any american citizen can open up their wallet and pull out a $1 bill, light a match and set fire to it.

This gives them the satisfaction of making a recognised protest without having to actually do anything other than burn a dollar-bill. They know they burnt it and they can burn it infront of someone if they like.

It is a protest that will actually be felt by the Government.

No one profits from this protest, there is no wasted time, or public money in policing it.

IT IS THE PERFECT PROTEST.

So if you want World Peace to happen, burn a dollar bill on July 15th until it does.

9. Jul 15, 2003 #8

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As I said that is the most stupididous thing, if you feel like protesting, donate that dollar to a non-profit organisation involved in world peace, there are about 200,000,000 americans.. if everyone donates the dollar instead of burning it.. which nationality are you emanon?

10. Jul 15, 2003 #9
    can i do this metaphorically cos i live in the uk and dont have any dollar bills. the only paper money we have is £5, £10, £20, or £50 notes.

11. Jul 15, 2003 #10

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I gotta second that.

200 million americans each burning $1 (even if everyone did it).

The GDP of USA is in the trillions. I don't think the government would bat an eye.

Seriously, donate it to Amnesty International, etc.

12. Jul 15, 2003 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I didn't have any dollar bills so I put four quarters on the stove.

13. Jul 15, 2003 #12
    Not to sound out of the loop, but who is emanon?

Oh, and try hard to impress me,I live in Cali, and I don't get starstruck easily, so otherwise, speak to my hand:wink:

PS, if you really want to impress me, contribute to the cause and burn 10k:wink: I mean hey, it's one night's work right?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2003
  14. Jul 15, 2003 #13
    take the labor out of bruning ans send them to me so i can burn them...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?