1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trajectory Triangulation

1. Nov 8, 2003 #1
    im reading about the subject Trajectory Triangulation from here:
    http://www.faculty.idc.ac.il/avidan/Traj-Trian-Pami.pdf

i havent finished reading (so perhaps it explained in further pages) and i encoutered to words 3D line.
    now i presume D represents dimension so the next question is how can a line be a 3d if it's by definition is 1d?

perhaps it something with the terminology of the computer science any way what do you think?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2003 #2
    this T.T has connection to projective geometry. interesting...

4. Nov 8, 2003 #3
    in page 3 it discuss about plucker coordinates and it states L(represents the line of intersection of the other lines you should read it, it's hard to explain))=P ^ Q
    and it's have 4 coordinates wich is weird because they are discussing the trajectory of 3d line and not of a 4d so how can it be?

btw i think i have understood what they meant by 3d line the trajectory is in 3d not line itself.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?