Tri-integral: Help Solving x+y=2, 2y+x=6

• Thread starter electronic engineer
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a triple integral problem with the integral area determined by a set of curves and a cylinder. The curves include y=0, z=0, x+y=2, and 2y+x=6, while the cylinder is defined by the equation y^2+z^2=4. The limits for x,y,z are given as 2<=x<=6, 2<=y<=2-x, and -2<=z<=sqrt(4-y^2). There is some confusion about the limits for x and y, but the conversation also mentions using a LaTeX code to create a neater triple integral.
electronic engineer
[tex] \int \int\int z dx dy dz [/tex]

where the intergral area is determined by these curves:

y=0,z=0,x+y=2,2y+x=6

and the cylinder: y^2+z^2=4

Physics news on Phys.org
What have you attempted so far or what difficulties do you have?

PS: since you sent me a PM about LaTeX, here's a hint.
You can create a 'nice' triple integral, with less space in between. Click for the code.

[tex]\iiint z dx dy dz [/tex]

Last edited:
[tex] \int_{2}^{6} dx \int_{2}^{2-x} dy \int_ {-2}^{\sqrt {4-y^2}} zdz [/tex]

Last edited:
Perhaps you should clarify that a bit, what are the limits for x,y,z?

x:2<<6
y:2<<2-x
z:-2<< sqrt(4-y^2)

but I'm cofused about x,y limits, I'm not sure and i mix between those too many curves to get the variable limits

I wonder why nobody hasen't reply on my post yet! Have I made a mistake or something wrong?

1. What is a tri-integral?

A tri-integral is a type of mathematical problem that involves solving three equations with three unknown variables. In this case, we are solving for x and y in the equations x+y=2 and 2y+x=6.

2. How do I solve a tri-integral?

To solve a tri-integral, you need to use a combination of algebraic manipulation and substitution. First, rearrange the equations to solve for one variable in terms of the other. Then, substitute the value of that variable into the other equations to solve for the remaining variables.

3. What is the purpose of solving a tri-integral?

The purpose of solving a tri-integral is to find the values of the unknown variables that satisfy all three equations. This can be useful in many scientific fields, such as physics and engineering, where multiple equations are often used to model a system.

4. What are the steps for solving a tri-integral?

The general steps for solving a tri-integral are as follows:

1. Rearrange each equation to solve for one variable in terms of the other.
  2. Choose any two equations and use substitution to eliminate one variable and solve for the other.
  3. Substitute that value into the remaining equation and solve for the remaining variable.
  4. Check your solution by plugging the values back into all three equations to make sure they are satisfied.

5. Are there any tips for solving a tri-integral?

One helpful tip for solving a tri-integral is to choose the equation with the simplest variable to eliminate first. This can make the substitution process easier and reduce the chances of making errors. It is also important to double check your solutions at the end to ensure they satisfy all three equations.