Can You Solve These Trick Questions for Fake Internet Prestige?

• Thread starter Psinter
  • Start date
In summary: The TRIPLE Bonus is when you get all three answers correct. The NEGATIVE Bonus is when you get two of the answers correct, and the third answer is incorrect.The TRIPLE Bonus is when you get all three answers correct. The NEGATIVE Bonus is when you get two of the answers correct, and the third answer is incorrect.
Psinter
Post any trick question and an answer in a spoiler. If someone solves it without looking at the spoiler, they win... um... nothing. There's only fake internet prestige :-p. Fake internet prestige is imaginary and pretty useless, but it makes some people feel good :biggrin:. I'll start.

A doctor and a kid are fishing. The kid is the doctor's son, but the doctor is not the kid's father.

What is the relation between them?

If I am not your father and you are my son, then I must be your mother. :woot:

Likes Stavros Kiri
Physics news on Phys.org
I certainly don't want to antagonise the politically correct culture and assume HER gender..I suspect it's his mother.
What is the spoiler tag?
What colour is the Sheriff's new black horse?

Last edited:
nuuskur said:
What is the spoiler tag?
Click on the black bar that says "SPOILER: ANSWER".
nuuskur said:
Unless you lied, it is black.

Likes QuantumQuest
nuuskur said:
I suspect it's his mother.
Correct! :biggrin:
nuuskur said:
mfb said:
Unless you lied, it is black.
I second that. :approve:

Here's another one:

Larry is the father of Regis. Larry has 4 kids. The 1st kid is named 10. The 2nd kid is named 20. The 3rd kid is named 30. What's the name of the 4th kid?

Regis! :oldlaugh:

Psinter said:
Larry is the father of Regis. Larry has 4 kids. The 1st kid is named 10. The 2nd kid is named 20. The 3rd kid is named 30. What's the name of the 4th kid?

Well, if the answer is the obvious one, it would be more interesting I think if "Regis" was the surname for all of them. Then the fourth kid could be named 40 :smile:

Likes Psinter
QuantumQuest said:
Well, if the answer is the obvious one, it would be more interesting I think if "Regis" was the surname for all of them. Then the fourth kid could be named 40 :smile:
Nope. :-p

Likes QuantumQuest
If ten birds are sitting in a tree and a hunter shoots one, how birds many are left in the tree?

None, because after one bird was shot, all the others flew off.

Likes PeroK
In which year did Galileo appear before the Spanish Inquisition?

Being Italian he appeared before the Roman Inquisition.

Can you fill the blank space: 19=8, 6=3, 70=7, 8=5, 4=4, 60=5, 15=7, 16=?, 17=?

16=7 and 17=9, because the number of letters in the spelling "sixteen" is 7 and those of "seventeen" is 9.

Likes Stavros Kiri
Wrichik Basu said:
Can you fill the blank space: 19=8, 6=3, 70=7, 8=5, 4=4, 60=5, 15=7, 16=?, 17=?
Technically, your answer is wrong.

Technically, my answer is one of an infinite number of correct answers:

*19=8,*6=3,*70=7,*8=5,*4=4,*60=5,*15=7,*16=?,*17=?

There are simple, mundane sentences in the English language that can be correctly spoken but not written. Give an example.

There are three ways to spell the word 'to'.

Likes NTL2009 and mfb
How do you call a black, african, operator of a plane?
Pilot! Of course! What? Now you are a racist and discriminate?

Likes david2 and berkeman
Stavros Kiri said:
How do you call a black, african, operator of a plane?
Pilot! Of course! What? Now you are a racist and discriminate?
Hey! You broke the rules. :mad: You got to answer before you can ask.

DaveC426913 said:
Hey! You broke the rules. :mad: You got to answer before you can ask.
Invisible rules allow invisible answers ...
I did! :nb)
#1 & #7 etc. , without looking at the spoiler ... Internet invisible prestige! ... :biggrin::wink::oldlaugh:

Wrichik Basu said:
If ten birds are sitting in a tree and a hunter shoots one, how birds many are left in the tree?

Aha! I know. No bird because they will fly away startled.

I couldn't get any of the others right.

Likes Wrichik Basu
Stavros Kiri said:
Invisible rules allow invisible answers ...
Heh. Point conceded. I though the instructions were spelled out in the OP. They're not. :biggrin:
Mea culpa.

What is black and white, looks like a horse and has roller skates!?
A zebra! ... and I lied about the skates ...

Likes QuantumQuest
Why did the chicken cross the road?
I don't know but I'm sure it had fowl intentions.

Likes AlexCaledin
Where do you find a turtle with no legs?
right where you left it! ...

What goes up and down the stairs without moving?

a carpet.

Likes Stavros Kiri
Stavros Kiri said:
What is black and white, looks like a horse and has roller skates!?
A zebra! ... and I lied about the skates ...
Zebra!

Likes Stavros Kiri
Psinter said:
Zebra!
Or a Zebra with skates ... or see spoiler ...

Wrichik Basu said:

All of them.
The hunter left his gun at home, and took his camera this time.

Likes Wrichik Basu
Father and son, father and son went fishing.
They all caught one fish each.
How many fish were caught?

Three - grandfather, father, son each caught one fish

Likes Stavros Kiri
256bits said:
Father and son, father and son went fishing.
They all caught one fish each.
How many fish were caught?

Three - grandfather, father, son each caught one fish

Likes 256bits
OK Here's another one.

BONUS. Worth 10 points.
If a person can run a mile in 4 minutes,
How long does it take 5 people to run a mile?
4 minutes

If you got that one correct, you can attempt this one.
MEGA BONUS: Triple your score.
Beware. An incorrect answer and you deduct triple score points.
If a man can dg a hole in 1 hour, how long does it take 10 men to dig a hole?
an hour -

Likes Stavros Kiri
256bits said:
OK Here's another one.

BONUS. Worth 10 points.
If a person can run a mile in 4 minutes,
How long does it take 5 people to run a mile?
4min
256bits said:
If you got that one correct, you can attempt this one.
MEGA BONUS: Triple your score.
Beware. An incorrect answer and you deduct triple score points.
If a man can dg a hole in 1 hour, how long does it take 10 men to dig a hole?
It depends whether it's the same hole or different ... (and if they dig at the same rate or not) [Thus could be 6min or 1hr ... (?)]

Stavros Kiri said:
4min

It depends whether it's the same hole or different ... (and if they dig at the same rate or not) [Thus could be 6min or 1hr ... (?)]
Jeez. I don't know if you now get the TRIPLE Bonus , or NEGATIVE Bonus .:confused: or both, if it all equals out with two answers.:biggrin:

256bits said:
Jeez. I don't know if you now get the TRIPLE Bonus , or NEGATIVE Bonus .:confused: or both, if it all equals out with two answers.:biggrin:
Lol
Whatever you decide. You're the boss ...
[But since my reply covered the answer ... ...]

Likes 256bits
DaveC426913 said:
There are simple, mundane sentences in the English language that can be correctly spoken but not written. Give an example.

Nice one. I will try to add a complementary question to that compliment: There are simple sentences in the English language that are sensible when written but not when spoken. Give an example.

How do you pronounce "Qwfwq"?
What is the name of the œ symbol?

(I feel like there might be a more compelling way to word the question, or that there might be more compelling examples.)

Show that a grammatically correct sentence in English with the word "and" in it five times in succession, with no other words in between.

A signmaker is asked to make a sign for a bakery, with the phrase "Pies and Cakes" on the sign.
The signmaker asks the baker, "How much space should I leave between Pies and and and and and Cakes?

Likes Stavros Kiri, BillTre, Fig Neutron and 1 other person
Fewmet said:
There are simple sentences in the English language that are sensible when written but not when spoken. Give an example.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
those that understand binary and those that don't.

Likes cnh1995, 256bits and Stavros Kiri
BillTre said:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
those that understand binary and those that don't.
There are two kinds of people - those who are sometimes too kind and those who sometimes are kind too.

Likes 256bits, Stavros Kiri, berkeman and 1 other person
AlexCaledin said:
There are two kinds of people - those who are sometimes too kind and those who sometimes are kind too.

There are two kinds of people, those who believe there are two kinds of people, and those who don't believe it.

Likes Stavros Kiri and berkeman
Add punctuation to make this make sense:
Bob, where Alice had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher

Bob, where Alice had had "had," had had "had had." "Had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.

<h2>What is "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!"?</h2><p>"Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!" is an online game where players answer challenging and thought-provoking questions to earn points and increase their fake internet prestige.</p><h2>How do I play "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!"?</h2><p>To play "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!", simply visit the website and create an account. Once you have an account, you can start answering questions and earning points.</p><h2>Are there any prizes for winning "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!"?</h2><p>Since "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!" is a virtual game, there are no physical prizes. However, players can compete with friends and other players to see who has the highest fake internet prestige.</p><h2>How are the questions in "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!" selected?</h2><p>The questions in "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!" are carefully curated by a team of experts to ensure they are challenging and thought-provoking. The questions cover a wide range of topics to test players' knowledge and critical thinking skills.</p><h2>Can I submit my own questions for "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!"?</h2><p>Yes, "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!" allows players to submit their own questions for consideration. If your question is selected, you will earn bonus points and increase your fake internet prestige.</p>

What is "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!"?

"Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!" is an online game where players answer challenging and thought-provoking questions to earn points and increase their fake internet prestige.

How do I play "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!"?

To play "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!", simply visit the website and create an account. Once you have an account, you can start answering questions and earning points.

Are there any prizes for winning "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!"?

Since "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!" is a virtual game, there are no physical prizes. However, players can compete with friends and other players to see who has the highest fake internet prestige.

How are the questions in "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!" selected?

The questions in "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!" are carefully curated by a team of experts to ensure they are challenging and thought-provoking. The questions cover a wide range of topics to test players' knowledge and critical thinking skills.

Can I submit my own questions for "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!"?

Yes, "Tricky Questions: Win Fake Internet Prestige!" allows players to submit their own questions for consideration. If your question is selected, you will earn bonus points and increase your fake internet prestige.