Trig solve for all angles x problem

In summary, trigonometry involves solving for unknown angles using various trigonometric functions such as sine, cosine, and tangent. To solve for all angles x in a given problem, one must use the properties of these functions and apply them to the given equations. This involves using the right triangle or unit circle to determine the values of the trigonometric ratios and then using inverse functions to find the value of x. By understanding the relationships between angles and trigonometric functions, one can successfully solve for all angles x in a trigonometry problem.
r8654

Homework Statement

Sin(x)+sin(2x)+sin(x)*Cos(2x)+sin(2x)*cos(x)=0
Solve for all angles x.

Homework Equations

Sin(2x)= 2sin(x)*cos(x)

The Attempt at a Solution

Not really sure what to do. I noticed that i could maybe factor out Sin(x), but i do not really know if that is right.

I seem to be always stuck on these kind of problems. Any general tips would greatly help me as well. Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
So you just used double angles to get rid of sin(2x) and cos(2x)?

Yes I used double angles for them and I had to use the cos^2 identity also. I wish I could just scan my paper and upload it but no scanner.

Cool, i think i got it now. Thanks for your time.

Related to Trig solve for all angles x problem

1. How do I solve for all angles in a trigonometry problem?

In order to solve for all angles in a trigonometry problem, you will need to use the properties of trigonometric functions and the unit circle. Start by identifying the given information, such as side lengths or angles, and determine which trigonometric function is relevant. Then use the inverse trigonometric functions and the unit circle to find all possible solutions.

2. What are the steps to solve a trigonometry problem for all angles?

The steps to solve a trigonometry problem for all angles include identifying the given information, determining the relevant trigonometric function, using the inverse trigonometric functions and the unit circle to find solutions, and checking your answers by plugging them back into the original problem.

3. How do I use the unit circle to solve for all angles in a trigonometry problem?

The unit circle is a circular chart that shows the relationship between angles and trigonometric functions. To use it to solve for all angles in a trigonometry problem, you will need to know the values of sine, cosine, and tangent for common angles (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, and 90°) and use the inverse trigonometric functions to find the solutions.

4. What are the common mistakes to avoid when solving for all angles in a trigonometry problem?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving for all angles in a trigonometry problem include forgetting to check for extraneous solutions, using the wrong trigonometric function, and not using the correct units (degrees or radians). It is also important to double-check your calculations and make sure you are using the correct values from the unit circle.

5. Are there any tips for solving a trigonometry problem for all angles quickly and efficiently?

One tip for solving a trigonometry problem for all angles quickly and efficiently is to use the symmetries and periodicity of trigonometric functions. For example, the sine function has a period of 360°, so you can find all solutions by adding or subtracting multiples of 360° to your initial solution. Additionally, using a calculator can help speed up calculations and reduce the chances of making errors.