Solving Trisurf Plotting Problem w/ Data ELEM, CORD, U

• Thread starter qwuasi
  • Start date
In summary, the individual has been struggling to plot their data using TRISURF and has tried using Quadmesh as well, but without success. They have also considered checking for errors in their data and using other plotting methods or seeking help from a colleague.
qwuasi

Homework Statement

I've been trying to plot solution for my problem using TRISURF all to no avail.
These are my data:
ELEM = [1 2 5 6;3 4 7 8;9 10 13 14;11 12 15 16];
CORD = [ -1 0 0 1 -1 0 0 1 -1 0 0 1 -1 0 0 1;
-1 -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1] ' ;
U = 0.0012*ones(16,1) ;

The Attempt at a Solution

I used Trisurf and later downloaded Quadmesh,which is presumable for {N x 4} from mathworks.it still doesn't help.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello, thank you for sharing your problem. It seems like you are having trouble plotting your data using TRISURF. Have you tried checking your data for any errors or inconsistencies? It's also important to make sure that your data is in the correct format for TRISURF to plot it accurately. Additionally, have you tried using other plotting functions or software to see if you get better results? Sometimes, different methods can yield different outcomes. If you are still having trouble, I would suggest reaching out to a colleague or a fellow scientist who may have experience with plotting similar data. They may be able to offer some insights or tips to help you with your problem. Good luck!

1. What is a Trisurf Plotting Problem?

A Trisurf Plotting Problem is a common issue faced by scientists and researchers when trying to plot data in a 3-dimensional space using the trisurf function in software packages such as MATLAB or Python. It involves correctly organizing and formatting the data in order to create a smooth surface plot.

2. What is Data ELEM, CORD, and U?

Data ELEM, CORD, and U refer to the three types of data needed for a trisurf plot: element data, coordinate data, and data values. Element data specifies the connectivity between points on the surface, coordinate data defines the spatial position of the data points, and U represents the data values associated with each point.

3. How can I solve a Trisurf Plotting Problem?

To solve a Trisurf Plotting Problem, you will need to ensure that your data is properly formatted and organized. This includes making sure that the element, coordinate, and data values are in the correct order and have the appropriate dimensions. Additionally, checking for any missing or incorrect data points can also help resolve the issue.

4. What are some common errors when solving Trisurf Plotting Problems?

Some common errors that may arise when solving Trisurf Plotting Problems include incorrect data dimensions, missing or incorrect data points, and data not being in the correct order. Additionally, issues with the trisurf function itself, such as using the wrong syntax or not specifying all necessary arguments, can also cause errors.

5. Are there any tips for avoiding Trisurf Plotting Problems?

To avoid Trisurf Plotting Problems, it is important to carefully check and organize your data before attempting to create a plot. Double-checking data dimensions and order, as well as using the correct syntax and arguments for the trisurf function, can help prevent errors. It may also be helpful to consult documentation or seek assistance from experienced users if you encounter any difficulties.