Trouble Posting Links on DELTA Thread

• Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a technical issue with pasting and typing in the DELTA thread. The speaker suggests that it could be due to being in the wrong mode on the editor and mentions three different states that could impact the ability to mark and insert links. They also mention that this has happened before and may need a better device. The conversation ends with a note being made about the issue.
pinball1970
Gold Member
This could be my Hudl (old)
I tried to reply to Ivan on the DELTA thread with my text, one link and a paste from a paper. When I tried to paste the curser failed to flash and when I typed no characters appeared. I had to come out go in again (didn't work) log out then finally paste. This has happened before and wanted to see if anyone else has this. I probably need a better device. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
It could be the case that the editor was in the wrong mode. There are three states that look very similar: preview ON/OFF, toggle BB code ON/OFF. However, only one of them allows a mark and insert link operation (I think it is preview=OFF, BB code=OFF). And if you switch from one mode to another, it loses track of what has been marked.

Likes pinball1970
Thanks I'll make a note

1. Why am I having trouble posting links on the DELTA thread?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a technical error on the website, an internet connection problem, or a restriction on the type of links allowed on the thread. It is best to check with the website administrator or read the thread guidelines for more information.

2. Can I post any type of link on the DELTA thread?

No, it is important to follow the guidelines of the DELTA thread when posting links. Some threads may only allow links to specific types of content, such as research articles or educational resources. Make sure to read the guidelines carefully before posting any links.

3. How can I fix the issue of my links not appearing on the DELTA thread?

If your links are not appearing on the thread, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache. If the issue persists, it could be due to a technical error on the website. In that case, contact the website administrator for assistance.

4. Are there any formatting requirements for posting links on the DELTA thread?

Yes, some threads may have specific formatting requirements for links. They may need to be in a certain format or include certain information, such as the title or source of the link. Again, it is important to read the guidelines carefully before posting any links.

5. Can I post multiple links on the DELTA thread?

It depends on the guidelines of the thread. Some threads may allow multiple links in one post, while others may require each link to be posted separately. It is best to check the guidelines or ask the website administrator for clarification.