Integral Troubleshooting: e^[(y^2)/2 + lny] | Calc Homework

• Thread starter jaredmt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, an integral is a mathematical concept used to find the area under a curve on a graph and solve problems related to finding the total quantity or value of something. People may have trouble with integrals due to their complexity and the need for a solid understanding of various mathematical concepts. Common mistakes include using incorrect techniques or formulas, making errors in algebraic manipulations, and forgetting to include the constant of integration. To improve skills in solving integrals, regular practice and seeking help from a teacher or tutor is recommended. Additionally, reviewing fundamental concepts and techniques and working through various problems can also be beneficial. Some useful tips for solving integrals include using the correct formulas and techniques, simplifying the integrand, and carefully checking for errors. Online
jaredmt

Homework Statement

integrate e^[(y^2)/2 + lny]

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i think we learned this in either calc 2 or calc 1 but i can't remember how to do this one. any help would be appreciated

Physics news on Phys.org
e^(a+b)=e^a*e^b. e^(ln(y))=y. Use those to simplify the integral. Now do a u substitution.

ooooo ok that was a little easier htan i thought, thanks!

FAQ: Integral Troubleshooting: e^[(y^2)/2 + lny] | Calc Homework

1. What is an integral?

An integral is a mathematical concept that represents the area under a curve on a graph. It is used to solve problems related to finding the total quantity or value of something, such as the distance traveled by an object or the total cost of a product.

2. Why do people have trouble with integrals?

Integrals can be difficult for some people because they involve complex mathematical concepts and require a solid understanding of algebra, trigonometry, and calculus. They also require a lot of practice and patience to master.

3. What are some common mistakes people make when solving integrals?

Some common mistakes people make when solving integrals include using incorrect techniques or formulas, making errors in algebraic manipulations, and forgetting to include the constant of integration. It is important to carefully follow the steps and pay attention to detail when solving integrals.

4. How can I improve my skills in solving integrals?

The best way to improve your skills in solving integrals is to practice regularly and seek help from a teacher or tutor if you are struggling. It can also be helpful to review the fundamental concepts and techniques of integration and to work through a variety of problems to gain a deeper understanding of the subject.

5. Are there any useful tips for solving integrals?

Yes, there are several tips that can help make solving integrals easier. These include using the correct formulas and techniques for different types of integrals, simplifying the integrand before starting the integration process, and carefully checking your work for errors. It can also be helpful to use online resources or textbooks for additional practice and examples.