Troubleshooting Geometry Cutting with Vised X_225 and MCNPX 2.7

In summary, when cutting geometry using Vised X_225 and MCNPX, there are common issues that can arise such as incorrect meshing, inadequate data set up, incorrect boundary conditions, or incorrect material properties. To provide more helpful advice, it is important to know the specific problem that is being experienced. Providing more information about the specific geometry and steps taken to cut it, as well as any error messages or unexpected results, can aid in troubleshooting the issue.
Alexander Camargo
Could someone tell me why this happens when I cut geometry?
The program that i used is Vised X_225 and my mcnpx version is 2.7

upload_2019-2-15_12-44-45.png

Sorry for my posts, I'm really in trouble.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-15_12-44-45.png
    upload_2019-2-15_12-44-45.png
    29 KB · Views: 664
Engineering news on Phys.org
It is difficult to give a definitive answer without knowing what the specific problem is that you are having. However, some common issues that can arise when cutting geometry using Vised X_225 and MCNPX include: incorrect meshing of the geometry, inadequate data set up, incorrect boundary conditions, or incorrect material properties. If you provide more information about the specific issue you are experiencing, we may be able to provide more helpful advice.

I'm not familiar with Vised X_225 and MCNPX, but I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue. Can you provide more details about the specific geometry you are trying to cut and the steps you took to do so? Also, can you explain what happens when you try to cut the geometry? Are you getting an error message or is the resulting cut not what you expected? Any additional information you can provide will be helpful in finding a solution.

1. What is the purpose of using Vised X_225 in MCNPX 2.7 for geometry cutting?

The Vised X_225 feature in MCNPX 2.7 is used for cutting complex geometries into simpler pieces, making it easier to model and analyze them. This can help improve the accuracy and efficiency of simulations.

2. How do I troubleshoot issues with geometry cutting using Vised X_225 in MCNPX 2.7?

If you encounter problems with geometry cutting, first check that the geometry is properly defined and that there are no overlapping or intersecting surfaces. You can also try adjusting the Vised X_225 settings, such as the tolerance level or cutting direction, to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Can I use Vised X_225 for all types of geometries in MCNPX 2.7?

Vised X_225 is designed to work with simple and complex geometries, but it may not be suitable for all cases. It is best to test it on your specific geometry and make adjustments as needed.

4. Are there any limitations to using Vised X_225 for geometry cutting in MCNPX 2.7?

While Vised X_225 can be a useful tool for geometry cutting, it may not be able to handle extremely complex or irregular geometries. It is important to thoroughly test and validate your results when using this feature.

5. Is there any additional documentation or resources available for troubleshooting geometry cutting with Vised X_225 in MCNPX 2.7?

Yes, there are various user manuals and online forums available that provide tips and guidance for using Vised X_225 and troubleshooting any issues that may arise. It can also be helpful to consult with other experienced users or seek assistance from the developers of MCNPX 2.7.