Troubleshooting: LaTeX Graphics Not Loading on Your Browser

In summary: I can't wait to see it. Thanks for keeping us posted!I'll make an official announcement when the time comes :wink:
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I can't see any LaTeX today. I only see little blue messages asking me to reload the page in a moment. Is it just me ?

Physics news on Phys.org
No, it is everyone! whatever you are going to write with Latex right now, save it in a text file.

The site was moved from one sever to another today. I'm not entirely sure, but it's possible the latex images were not moved over properly. Let me go check...

- Warren

It seems some (most?) of them were moved properly. I'm not entirely sure what's up right now... Please bear with me.

- Warren

It appears to be a directory permissions problem. When it's solved, worst case, you'll have to hit "edit" and "save" on affected posts to regenerate the images in them. I don't have a login on the server right now, but will be able to fix it shortly. Sorry about this, folks!

- Warren

Thanks chroot, I thought it was a setting on my machine...we will be patient.

dt

Finally, [itex]\LaTeX[/itex] is working again.

If you made posts which used TeX, and those posts were not parsed properly, go back and edit them. You don't have to actually change anything -- just hit the edit button and then the save button, and the images will be automatically updated.

Sorry again for the inconvenience!

- Warren

LaTex at last! Latex at last!

Thanks Greg and Warren!

Those few days without latex were a nightmare for me! I couldn't understand what was being posted in the homework and math forums.

I also realize that the picture attachments of the mentors that Greg has just made in the Member Photo Thread doesn't seem to exist. I think this problem has something to do with the LaTex problem. Even though LaTex works now, the pictures are still not there.

chroot said:
Finally, [itex]\LaTeX[/itex] is working again.

If you made posts which used TeX, and those posts were not parsed properly, go back and edit them. You don't have to actually change anything -- just hit the edit button and then the save button, and the images will be automatically updated.

Sorry again for the inconvenience!

- Warren

Hi Warren, there is no edit button for me to hit.

I just looked at a thread where I used LaTex in several posts and
it does not parse in any of the posts. It is a fairly recent thread
but not so recent that there's and edit button to use.

Have you any suggestions?

it is the thread with this post in it
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=314341#post314341
several posts before that have LaTex (this one doesnt)

Last edited:
Quite a lot of picture attachments are no longer valid. The chat room is down too.

The edit buttons have returned. We had a time limit on editing posts, but I have reset it to zero. Go ahead and edit those posts to have the latex images rendered.

- Warren

recon said:
Quite a lot of picture attachments are no longer valid. The chat room is down too.

the chatroom is down because we're getting ready for a chat event with dr. kaku

Greg Bernhardt said:
the chatroom is down because we're getting ready for a chat event with dr. kaku

When will this chat event be held? Will it be opened to everyone?

recon said:
When will this chat event be held? Will it be opened to everyone?

I'll make an official announcement when the time comes :wink:

Greg, that's really great!

1. Why are my LaTeX graphics not loading on my browser?

There could be several reasons for this. One common reason is that your browser does not have the necessary plugins or extensions to display LaTeX graphics. Another reason could be that there is an error in the code for the graphics, preventing it from loading properly.

2. How can I fix this issue?

First, make sure that your browser has the necessary plugins or extensions. If not, download and install them. If the issue persists, check the code for any errors. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and reloading the page.

3. Do I need a specific browser to view LaTeX graphics?

No, most modern browsers support LaTeX graphics. However, some browsers may require additional plugins or extensions to display them properly.

4. I have the necessary plugins, but the graphics still won't load. What can I do?

In this case, check the code for any errors. If there are no errors, try viewing the graphics on a different browser or device to see if the issue is specific to your current setup.

5. Are there any alternative methods for displaying LaTeX graphics on a browser?

Yes, some websites offer online LaTeX editors where you can create and display graphics without the need for plugins or extensions. You can also use a desktop LaTeX editor to create the graphics and then export them as image files to be displayed on your browser.