Trying to understand notes, any feedback is appreciated

In summary, the conversation discusses an exact sequence of algebras and the relationship between W and V/M. It also touches on the concept of codimension and nilpotent algebras, and explains why M is an ideal in this scenario. It is also mentioned that the algebra structure of W is trivial due to the fact that the product of V.V is contained in M, which is zero in W. The speaker encourages the listener to think about the definitions of the terms used in order to better understand the concepts.
PsychonautQQ
Let 0-->M-->V-->W-->0 be an exact sequence of algebra's.
We can then see that W = V/M. (is this true? Wouldn't W = V/Im(M)?)

Then i wrote 'codimension 1 in a nilpotent algebra,' no idea why i wrote it.
Anyone, if V is a nilpotent algebra, then V^2 < V.

Let M be a comdension 1 subspace of V containing V^2, then M is an ideal. (Why is this?)

The algebra structure of W is trivial. (Why is this?)

If anyone can shed some light on any of this it would be much appreciated.

"
Let 0-->M-->V-->W-->0 be an exact sequence of algebra's.
We can then see that W = V/M. (is this true? Wouldn't W = V/Im(M)?)

yes but one oftenw rites V/M since in this case the map m-->V is injective because of the 0 on the left.

Then i wrote 'codimension 1 in a nilpotent algebra,' no idea why i wrote it.
Anyone, if V is a nilpotent algebra, then V^2 < V.

Let M be a comdension 1 subspace of V containing V^2, then M is an ideal. (Why is this?)

well what is the defginition of an ideal? M is an ideal if V.M is contained in M, but you just said in fact all of V.V is properly contained in M.

The algebra structure of W is trivial. (Why is this?)

Well again, you just said the product V.V is contained in M which is zero in W, so the products are all zero in W.

These are almost self explaining questions, and you probably could have figured them out yourself if you just asked yourself for the definitions of the words you were using.

If anyone can shed some light on any of this it would be much appreciated."

1. What is the purpose of trying to understand notes?

The purpose of trying to understand notes is to gain a better understanding of the information being presented. Notes are typically a condensed version of a larger body of information and can be very helpful in summarizing key points or concepts.

2. How can I improve my ability to understand notes?

One way to improve your ability to understand notes is to actively engage with the material while taking notes. This can include using symbols and abbreviations, summarizing information in your own words, and asking questions to clarify any confusion.

3. Is it important to review my notes after taking them?

Yes, it is important to review your notes after taking them. This helps reinforce the information in your memory and allows you to fill in any missing or unclear information. It is also helpful to review notes before an exam or presentation to refresh your memory.

4. What should I do if I am having trouble understanding my notes?

If you are having trouble understanding your notes, try breaking them down into smaller, more manageable sections. You can also try using different note-taking methods, such as mind mapping or Cornell notes, to see if that helps you better understand the information.

5. How can I give feedback on my notes to improve my understanding?

One way to give feedback on your notes is to self-reflect on your note-taking process. Are there any areas where you struggle to understand or keep up? Are there any improvements you can make for next time? You can also ask a classmate or teacher for feedback on your notes to gain a different perspective.