Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Unbelievable knex ball machine

1. Sep 16, 2012 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2012 #2
    Wow.

I'm glad he had the time to share that with us. This makes me want to take my old k'nex set out of the closet for the my son. He's on megablocks right now (the type that can't be swallowed). Thanks for helping me think about him.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  4. Sep 16, 2012 #3

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Amazing piece of work.

My son had a K-nex set and built a roller-coaster which took up a fair amount of space in his room.

5. Sep 16, 2012 #4
    Your are a wonderful father sir. I had so much fun playing with my set as a kid. Now I'm playing with molecules and math. I'm partial to legos, k'nex and the like, so you have an unfair advantage. The upside down K'Nex Roller Coaster box waiting in the closet for my son.

6. Sep 16, 2012 #5
    Incredible spectacle. In a heartbeat, my lego fly prison with elevator and automatic electrocution is turned ordinary and medieval.

I also love the music. Does anyone know who wrote that? A young Thomas Newman?

7. Sep 16, 2012 #6
    When I was a kid, my brother and I built "lego city" which took up about roughly half the space in our bedroom. I have old pictures this that I will post here after I have hundreds of polaroids from the 1980's and 1990's scanned and turned into digital photos.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook