1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Uncertainties/ Error Analysis

1. Sep 5, 2009 #1
    I am a First year Physics Student going into Second Year in a few weeks. Ive been coping very well with all the work and theory. However Along with tight and Limited Lab schedule my sessions feel rushed and unfurfilling, particularly the analysis section.

Although we are given a lab manual which has a few pages dealing on errors and such I don't feel I've grasped it as well as I should have. So as preparation and along this year I'm looking for a good book dealing with this matter. (or resources)

(I've tried searching this internally and externally to no avail, and the reviews of most books of this nature aren't very promising on the most part).

Thank you for any help given.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2009 #2
    Data Reduction and Error Analysis for the Physical Sciences by Bevington and Robinson is always good

4. Sep 11, 2009 #3
    Thanks... This book has mixed reviews though. I found this one a while back but still not 100%. Im seeing if anyone else has any other suggestions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook