Understanding Multiple Input-Output Control in Steady State Infusion Rates

In summary, the conversation discusses using a steady state value of 0 to find the input and output values for a given system. The solution involves using a matrix and calculating the steady state infusion rates for input 1 and output 1, as well as input 2 and output 2. The solution also addresses confusion about how increasing cardiac output is possible when steady state infusion rates are 0.
gfd43tg
Gold Member

Homework Statement

upload_2015-12-2_12-42-24.png

upload_2015-12-2_12-42-43.png

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

(a) I find the steady state values (s=0)
Code:
syms s
k11 = -6;
k12 = 3;
k21 = 12;
k22 = 35;

G = [k11 k12; k21 k22];
Ghat = [k22/(k11*k22-k12*k21) -k12/(k11*k22-k12*k21); -k21/(k11*k22-k12*k21) k11/(k11*k22-k12*k21)];

Lam = G*Ghat
Lam

Lam =

1  0
  0  1
So I know that input 1 goes with output 1, and input 2 goes with output 2.

(b) I am not sure how I should do this, but I look at steady state values
Code:
G =

-6  3
  12  35
But I don't really know how steady state infusion rates can be zero, yet you can increase Cardiac output by infusion? I don't understand how to solve this question.

I've solved the problem!

Related to Understanding Multiple Input-Output Control in Steady State Infusion Rates

What is multiple input-output control?

Multiple input-output control is a method used in the field of systems engineering to manage complex systems with multiple inputs and outputs. It involves controlling the inputs and outputs of a system in order to achieve a desired result or maintain stability.

What are the benefits of using multiple input-output control?

The use of multiple input-output control allows for better management of complex systems by providing a comprehensive approach to controlling inputs and outputs. It can help improve system performance, reduce errors, and increase efficiency.

How is multiple input-output control implemented?

Multiple input-output control is typically implemented using mathematical models and algorithms to analyze and optimize the inputs and outputs of a system. It may also involve using sensors and actuators to monitor and adjust the system in real-time.

What are some real-world applications of multiple input-output control?

Multiple input-output control is used in a variety of industries and fields, such as manufacturing, transportation, energy management, and healthcare. It can be applied to complex systems such as traffic control, power grids, and medical devices.

What are the challenges of implementing multiple input-output control?

One of the main challenges of implementing multiple input-output control is the complexity of the systems and the need for accurate models and data. It also requires advanced technical skills and resources, and may face limitations in terms of cost and feasibility.