Understanding T = (Seconds/Revolutions) in Uniform Circular Motion

• Thread starter Miliman13
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between time (T) and revolutions (R) in uniform circular motion. The formula T = (seconds/revolutions) is used to explain how to find the time needed for one revolution based on the number of revolutions in a given time period. The conversation also touches on the use of algebra to solve for T in this scenario.
Miliman13
A= (2 pie R)/T^2

Why is T= (seconds/Revolutions)

If RPM = Revolutions / Minute (time)

i don't understand why t = s/r

This is from uniformed circular motion.. what the logic or algebra?

Thanks,

Physics news on Phys.org
T, the period, is the time in which the mass completes one full revolution. If you know that the mass does 5 revolutions in one minute (60 seconds), how much time is needed for one revolution? Well, five times the time needed for one revolution must be 60 seconds. That's the English. In algebra language it translates as 5T = 60 s. I leave it to you to solve for T.

Likes Miliman13
kuruman said:
T, the period, is the time in which the mass completes one full revolution. If you know that the mass does 5 revolutions in one minute (60 seconds), how much time is needed for one revolution? Well, five times the time needed for one revolution must be 60 seconds. That's the English. In algebra language it translates as 5T = 60 s. I leave it to you to solve for T.
Phrasing it the way you did, really helps me understand the logic.
Thank you very much, i greatly appreciate it .

1. What is T in uniform circular motion?

T in uniform circular motion represents the time it takes for one complete revolution or cycle of an object moving in a circular path. It is measured in seconds.

2. How is T related to the speed of an object in uniform circular motion?

T is inversely related to the speed of an object in uniform circular motion. This means that as the speed increases, the time it takes for one complete revolution decreases and vice versa.

3. Can T be calculated if the speed and radius of the circular path are known?

Yes, T can be calculated using the formula T = 2πr/v, where r is the radius of the circular path and v is the speed of the object in uniform circular motion.

4. Is T the same for all objects in uniform circular motion?

No, T can vary for different objects in uniform circular motion depending on their speed and radius of the circular path. Objects with a larger radius or slower speed will have a longer T compared to objects with a smaller radius or faster speed.

5. How is T affected by changes in the radius of the circular path?

T is directly proportional to the radius of the circular path, meaning that as the radius increases, T also increases. This is because a larger radius means the object has to travel a longer distance, resulting in a longer time for one complete revolution.