What is the Entropy Equation for the Universe?

In summary: On the other hand, if we consider that the universe might not have existed, then the entropy of the universe would be the total information that was lost. So the entropy of the universe would be greater than zero, right?
Orion1

Does anyone have an equation for the Entropy of the Universe?

Barring my computation, please provide your best equation for cross-verification with a numerical entropic solution in (J*K^-1) SI units.

I attempted to locate a solution on the internet, however only located entropy for various particles and black holes.

Anyone interested in examining some black hole entropy equations may click the reference provided.

These equations represent my classical approach.

[tex]T_i = 3000 K[/tex] CBR photo-transparency temperature
[tex]T_f = 2.725 K[/tex] CBR temperature
[tex]r_i = 7*10^5 Ly[/tex] CBR photo-transparency range
[tex]r_f = \frac{c}{H_o} = 1.761*10^{10} Ly[/tex] Universe range

Classical entropy equation for spherical universe containing an ideal gas:
[tex]\Delta S_u = K_b \left( ln \frac{T_f}{T_i} + ln \left( \frac{r_f}{r_i} \right)^3 \right) = K_b \left( ln \frac{T_f}{T_i} + ln \left( \frac{c}{H_o r_i} \right)^3 \right)[/tex]

Ho = Hubble Constant

[tex]\Delta S_u = 3.230*10^{-22} J*K^{-1}[/tex]

Does anyone have more accurate values?

Reference:
http://www.aeiveos.com/~bradbury/Authors/Computing/Frautschi-S/EiaEU.html
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/CosmicBackgroundRadiation.html
http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_uni/uni_101Flucts.html

"We cannot order men to see the truth or prohibit them from indulging in error." - Max Planck, Philosophy of Physics, 1936

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Orion1

Barring my computation, please provide your best equation for cross-verification with a numerical entropic solution in (J*K^-1) SI units.

I attempted to locate a solution on the internet, however only located entropy for various particles and black holes.

Anyone interested in examining some black hole entropy equations may click the reference provided.

Reference:
http://www.aeiveos.com/~bradbury/Authors/Computing/Frautschi-S/EiaEU.html

Firstly how does count?..something that is forever moving?

You would have to accommodate every instant..instanton.. and every Futurama?, if only just to get some approximation of what you are counting!.

Originally posted by Orion1
Well, let's see, if there is no alternative but that a universe exist, then the probability that the universe should exist is 1, and there is never any change in the total information contained in the universe. So the total entropy of the universe is always zero, right?

Related to What is the Entropy Equation for the Universe?

What is the Universe Entropy Equation?

The Universe Entropy Equation is a mathematical formula that describes the amount of disorder or randomness in a closed system, such as the entire universe. It is also known as the Second Law of Thermodynamics, which states that the total entropy of a system will always increase over time.

How is the Universe Entropy Equation calculated?

The Universe Entropy Equation is calculated using the formula S = k log W, where S represents the entropy, k is Boltzmann's constant, and W is the number of possible microstates or arrangements of a system. It is a logarithmic function, meaning that as the number of possible microstates increases, the entropy also increases.

What does the Universe Entropy Equation tell us about the universe?

The Universe Entropy Equation tells us that the overall entropy of the universe is constantly increasing. This means that the universe is moving towards a state of maximum disorder and randomness. It also suggests that the universe had a low entropy state in the past, and will continue to have a higher entropy state in the future.

How does the Universe Entropy Equation relate to the concept of time?

The Universe Entropy Equation is closely related to the concept of time. As the entropy of the universe increases, time moves forward. This is because the increase in entropy is irreversible and can be used as a measure of the direction of time. Therefore, the Universe Entropy Equation plays a crucial role in understanding the arrow of time.

What are the implications of the Universe Entropy Equation for the future of the universe?

The Universe Entropy Equation suggests that the universe will continue to increase in entropy until it reaches a state of maximum disorder. This state is known as the heat death of the universe, where all energy is evenly distributed, and no more work can be done. This could potentially mean the end of the universe as we know it, unless new theories or technologies are developed to prevent it.