University of Edinburgh Physics Assessment Assistance

• Schools
  • Thread starter nucNawaf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary: I am a student at Edinburgh currently and there was no entrance exam for me. I wonder if the OP is an international student and perhaps the university did not recognise the OP's current qualifications, so an option would be to produce an exam that would give some indication of math/physics level.
nucNawaf
I got a university assessment which it is required to applying for physics course, by the way it is university of Edinburgh.

Because I AM really worried about it, I need someone who could illustrate the exam for me and taking tips about it.

Physics news on Phys.org
nucNawaf said:
I got a university assessment which it is required to applying for physics course, by the way it is university of Edinburgh.

Because I AM really worried about it, I need someone who could illustrate the exam for me and taking tips about it.

Welcome to the PF.

What is meant by "illustrate the exam"?

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

What is meant by "illustrate the exam"?

What i mean is what basses should I have before enter the exam

nucNawaf said:
What i mean is what basses should I have before enter the exam

Are you already a student at the U of E, looking to get into a particular physics class? Or are you applying for admission to the U of E? Can you provide any pointers to info about this class and the admission requirements?

What is your physics background so far? Where are you in your schooling (what year, what country)?

berkeman said:
Are you already a student at the U of E, looking to get into a particular physics class? Or are you applying for admission to the U of E? Can you provide any pointers to info about this class and the admission requirements?
I am a student at Edinburgh currently and there was no entrance exam for me. I wonder if the OP is an international student and perhaps the university did not recognise the OP's current qualifications, so an option would be to produce an exam that would give some indication of math/physics level.

While in my first year, I did get small diagnostic tests at the beginning to give the university an idea of the level of the year cohort as a whole, but this was not a major assessment.

nucNawaf said:

Are you referring to the Global Select Pathway Programme pre-entry assessment? If so, the university has a webpage about it, which includes example content.

1. What is the University of Edinburgh Physics Assessment Assistance?

The University of Edinburgh Physics Assessment Assistance is a program designed to help students prepare for and succeed in their physics assessments at the University of Edinburgh. This program offers resources such as study guides, practice problems, and tutoring services to support students in their physics courses.

2. Who is eligible to use the University of Edinburgh Physics Assessment Assistance?

All students currently enrolled in physics courses at the University of Edinburgh are eligible to use the Physics Assessment Assistance program. This includes both undergraduate and graduate students.

3. How do I access the resources offered by the University of Edinburgh Physics Assessment Assistance?

Students can access the resources offered by the Physics Assessment Assistance program through the University of Edinburgh's online learning platform, Learn. The program's resources can be found under the "Physics Assessment Assistance" section on Learn.

4. Is there a cost for using the University of Edinburgh Physics Assessment Assistance?

No, there is no cost for students to use the Physics Assessment Assistance program. The resources and services provided by the program are free for all eligible students.

5. Can I get one-on-one assistance through the University of Edinburgh Physics Assessment Assistance?

Yes, the program offers one-on-one tutoring services for students who need additional support in their physics courses. These tutoring sessions can be scheduled through the program's online platform, and are provided at no cost to students.