1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

University assessment

1. May 30, 2014 #1
    I got a university assessment which it is required to applying for physics course, by the way it is university of Edinburgh.

Because I AM really worried about it, I need someone who could illustrate the exam for me and taking tips about it.

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

What is meant by "illustrate the exam"?

4. May 30, 2014 #3
    What i mean is what basses should I have before enter the exam

5. May 30, 2014 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Are you already a student at the U of E, looking to get into a particular physics class? Or are you applying for admission to the U of E? Can you provide any pointers to info about this class and the admission requirements?

What is your physics background so far? Where are you in your schooling (what year, what country)?

6. May 30, 2014 #5

CAF123

Gold Member

I am a student at Edinburgh currently and there was no entrance exam for me. I wonder if the OP is an international student and perhaps the university did not recognise the OP's current qualifications, so an option would be to produce an exam that would give some indication of math/physics level.

While in my first year, I did get small diagnostic tests at the beginning to give the university an idea of the level of the year cohort as a whole, but this was not a major assessment.

7. Jun 3, 2014 #6

pasmith

Homework Helper

Are you referring to the Global Select Pathway Programme pre-entry assessment? If so, the university has a webpage about it, which includes example content.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook