• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi All,
I want to work with my friend using a database I have in my machine but he does not have in his.
Only method I can think of to send it to him is scripting it, sending him the script and having him run it
in his machine ( we both have SQL Server Dev ). Is there some other way? Just curious.

Thanks.

Answers and Replies

.Scott
Homework Helper
Depending on the details, I might use my own website. In almost all cases, the website fees include a DBMS (such as mySQL). But you would need to have server software (perhaps php programming) to make it useful.
BTW: I use siteground - cause its cheap.

Likes WWGD
Nidum
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Cloud sharing .

Likes WWGD
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
Thanks all,
Somewhat-related: is there a way of GUI-fying a database given either as script , or as standard tables in SQL Server? EDIT: I mean, I want to have a GUI rep of the database as a list of column names, with the ows, etc as output given either the database script or as tables, as in Management Studio in SS Developer..

You want your friend to have SQL Client. Not Server. Then he can connect directly to your database using your public ip.

Likes WWGD
Thanks all,
Somewhat-related: is there a way of GUI-fying a database given either as script , or as standard tables in SQL Server? EDIT: I mean, I want to have a GUI rep of the database as a list of column names, with the ows, etc as output given either the database script or as tables, as in Management Studio in SS Developer..
Sorry, I didn't see this.

It's called phpmyadmin.

Likes WWGD
harborsparrow
Gold Member
You could put it on a hosting service if the design never changes and you are just changing data. I run the automated Visual Studio tools to create a CRUD website which you both could use to update the data. hosting would prolly cost $20 a month on average.

Likes WWGD
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
You could put it on a hosting service if the design never changes and you are just changing data. I run the automated Visual Studio tools to create a CRUD website which you both could use to update the data. hosting would prolly cost $20 a month on average.
Thanks, it was just more of a theoretical thing, not intending to do it for now. Sorry for bother :).