Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

US soldier: Drowning was ordered

1. Aug 3, 2004 #1
    Yay for Operation Iraqi Freedom!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2004 #2

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Your argument and point are what?

4. Aug 3, 2004 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This time, Sir Adam, thou hast gone too far. Thou hast insulted the fair name of this land. I challenge thee to a duel.

For every dirty, Australian swine I name, thou must name a dirtier American, else must thou lay down thine weapon, and beg forgiveness. Prepare to meet thine death, Sir Adam...

Rupert Murdoch ha ha ha .......

5. Aug 3, 2004 #4
    I think it might be somewhere along the lines of "The US army needs some serious reformations".

6. Aug 3, 2004 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

But like Moore, Adam won't say that, he'll let us say it for him. Its best to force him to make his point.

7. Aug 3, 2004 #6

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Adam will never make a point. He'll just present one side of every story and then claim "I only present facts. I don't present opinions." It's quite ingenius.

8. Aug 3, 2004 #7
    Why were the 2 Iraqis violating curfew anyways?

9. Aug 3, 2004 #8
    Rupert Murdoch? You win.

10. Aug 3, 2004 #9
    Adam, would you please highlight the text in your referenced article that say the soldiers were ordered to drown someone.

11. Aug 3, 2004 #10
    Yeah, in Iraq nowadays, if a dog or a cat lost its way home, it's the american's fault and that's because of Operation Iraqi Freedom !

12. Aug 5, 2004 #11
    Robert Zaleski, riddle me this, Batman: If I am ordered to open fire with a machine gun on a crowd of people, have I been ordered to harm them? Or have I merely been ordered to activate my weapon?

13. Aug 5, 2004 #12

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's a good catch Robert, I missed it. I must be losing my touch!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?