1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

US soldier: Drowning was ordered

1. Aug 3, 2004 #1
    Yay for Operation Iraqi Freedom!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2004 #2

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Your argument and point are what?

4. Aug 3, 2004 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This time, Sir Adam, thou hast gone too far. Thou hast insulted the fair name of this land. I challenge thee to a duel.

For every dirty, Australian swine I name, thou must name a dirtier American, else must thou lay down thine weapon, and beg forgiveness. Prepare to meet thine death, Sir Adam...

Rupert Murdoch ha ha ha .......

5. Aug 3, 2004 #4
    I think it might be somewhere along the lines of "The US army needs some serious reformations".

6. Aug 3, 2004 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

But like Moore, Adam won't say that, he'll let us say it for him. Its best to force him to make his point.

7. Aug 3, 2004 #6

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Adam will never make a point. He'll just present one side of every story and then claim "I only present facts. I don't present opinions." It's quite ingenius.

8. Aug 3, 2004 #7
    Why were the 2 Iraqis violating curfew anyways?

9. Aug 3, 2004 #8
    Rupert Murdoch? You win.

10. Aug 3, 2004 #9
    Adam, would you please highlight the text in your referenced article that say the soldiers were ordered to drown someone.

11. Aug 3, 2004 #10
    Yeah, in Iraq nowadays, if a dog or a cat lost its way home, it's the american's fault and that's because of Operation Iraqi Freedom !

12. Aug 5, 2004 #11
    Robert Zaleski, riddle me this, Batman: If I am ordered to open fire with a machine gun on a crowd of people, have I been ordered to harm them? Or have I merely been ordered to activate my weapon?

13. Aug 5, 2004 #12

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's a good catch Robert, I missed it. I must be losing my touch!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?