Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vaio Problems: Color Snowscreen and lower Left part of PC ov

1. Jun 10, 2016 #1

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi, just curious. I am trying to fix my Vaio PC , model PCG -71318L. Intially, PC worked well for a few minutes but eventually froze.
    I thought it may be a hardrive thing . The computer had been on uninterruptedly for a long time, so I turned it off to "let it rest". After an hour or so, I turned it back on and ended up with a color screen and the lower left part of the bottom was overheated. EDIT: I tried a search, but found nothing useful.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2016 #2

Staff: Mentor

What do you mean by color screen with left part of bottom overheated?

You mean you got like a blue screen and the bottom left looks a bit multicolored and wavy like when you touch the screen enough to deflect it?

Anyway, here's a bunch of steps to follow from SONY:

You could try removing the battery and then replacing it to see if that solves the problem before proceeding thru the steps.

Also have you tried to boot via CD-ROM or via USB with something like Knoppix:

This could help you determine if its hw or sw related.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted