Vaio Problems: Color Snowscreen and lower Left part of PC ov

  • Thread starter Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Color pc
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Messages
7,908
Reaction score
13,226
Hi, just curious. I am trying to fix my Vaio PC , model PCG -71318L. Intially, PC worked well for a few minutes but eventually froze.
I thought it may be a hardrive thing . The computer had been on uninterruptedly for a long time, so I turned it off to "let it rest". After an hour or so, I turned it back on and ended up with a color screen and the lower left part of the bottom was overheated. EDIT: I tried a search, but found nothing useful.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by color screen with left part of bottom overheated?

You mean you got like a blue screen and the bottom left looks a bit multicolored and wavy like when you touch the screen enough to deflect it?

Anyway, here's a bunch of steps to follow from SONY:

https://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-...t-passed-logo-display-stays-blank/td-p/129521

You could try removing the battery and then replacing it to see if that solves the problem before proceeding thru the steps.

Also have you tried to boot via CD-ROM or via USB with something like Knoppix:

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

This could help you determine if its homework or sw related.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD