1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vector question (true or false)

1. May 7, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

If A-B-C (vectors) and A^2+ B^2+ c^2 where X is the magnitude of X(vector) for X-A,B,C, then the vectors A and B are perpendicular to each other. (True or false?)

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Honestly, I never post anything unless I have it at least halfway solved. But I'm completely confused by this question. Can anyone help me?

2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2009 #2
    i didnt get the question.....kindly phrase it again!

4. May 7, 2009 #3
    Ahhh...so it's not just me? Maybe there was a typo in this sheet, but that's how the question was phrased. I suppose they mean X is the magnitude of X(vector) for X-A, X-B, and X-C. The first expression (A-B-C) is in vector notation, but the second one (A^2 + B^2 + C^2) is not. I'm not sure if that clarifies anything. Maybe it's just a poorly written question?

5. May 7, 2009 #4
    The question does not make sense to me either. However, perhaps this is deliberate and the answer is false? :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook