Verify Net Force on 810kg Car Accelerating from Rest to 27m/s in 120m

• Thread starter rkslperez04
  • Start date
In summary, Kelly is studying for a test and has decided to try solving the even-numbered problems in her textbook. She asks for verification on her answer to the problem of a car accelerating from rest to 27m/s in 120m. Kelly walks through her steps of solving the problem, obtaining an answer of 2460.375N for the net force acting on the car. She requests a second opinion and assistance on a few more problems.
rkslperez04
Hey everyone,

Im studying for a test and wanted to verify my problems. I thought I would dabble on the dark side of the textbook and try the even ones too.

Can you verify my answer?

Kelly :)

A 810kg car accelerates from rest to 27m/s in a distance of 120m. That is the magitudeof the aver net force acting on the car?

Here is what I did.

1) step up my list of info:
Vi = 0
Vf = 27 m/s
a =
t =
x = 120 m

2) Figured I needed the F=MA equation

I have the mass so solve for acceleration.

3) a = Vf^2 - Vi^2 / 2x... which is: 27^2 / 2*120 = 3.075 m/s^2

I plugged A into the equation

4) F = (810 kg)(3.0375 m.s^2)
F = 2460.375

? did I get it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks good to me :smile:

Great thanks.. got a few more i will post.. I would apperciate a second opinion and a nudge or two... :)

What is net force?

Net force is the overall force acting on an object, taking into account all the individual forces acting on that object.

How do you calculate net force?

To calculate net force, you must add up all the individual forces acting on an object, taking into account the direction and magnitude of each force.

What is the formula for calculating net force?

The formula for calculating net force is Fnet = ma, where Fnet is the net force, m is the mass of the object, and a is the acceleration of the object.

How do you determine the acceleration of an object?

The acceleration of an object can be determined by dividing the change in velocity (final velocity - initial velocity) by the time it takes for that change to occur.

How can you verify the net force on an object?

To verify the net force on an object, you can use the formula Fnet = ma and plug in the known values for mass, acceleration, and net force. If the calculated net force matches the known net force, the verification is successful.