Vision in mind to become a scientist

In summary, the individual has a strong passion for physics and aspires to become a scientist in the field. However, due to receiving lower marks in high school, they were forced to study commerce instead. Despite this, their interest in physics has not waned and they continue to read and learn about the subject. They are seeking advice and tips on how to pursue their dream of studying physics professionally and potentially making significant contributions to the field.
Jay Ssj
hello every1,
From a very small age, i had a vision in mind to bcome a scientist, researching in physics. From time to time, Different parts of physics were adored by me. From cosmology, astronomy to quantum physics, I've always wanted to leave a mark in all of those fields.

But when i finished my 12th grade with less marks, my parents forced me to leave science and join commerce. Now, Even though forcefully i am studying commerce, my heart just isn't happy. My heart tells me to come back to science, it tells me to study physics ! do something, it tells me.

I still continue my interest in physics by reading books, reading abt universe, matter, quarks, electromasnetism.
BUt still, taking it as a carrier and studying it as an interest has big differences. I want to give world something in physics!

Please don't consider me to be a wannabe but its just that i m in love with physics and einstein is god for me. I want to invent, discover and change the things!

Please give me advice and tips. Many ppl over here r elder to me and i hope they giv me good tips.

P.S- I am new to this forum and so if i posted this in wrong section, Please forgive me.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hey, it's not like Einstein got perfect marks in high school. Though, he didn't fail anything, I'm pretty sure he wasn't top of his class. I don't even think he went to college before writing his paper on Special Relativity. So, if you continue to study, you have a shot at writing a paper concerning how special properties of the Strong Nuclear force in Iron allows it to be accelerated to speeds faster than light via a rail gun-type accelator.

zwinkey98 said:
Hey, it's not like Einstein got perfect marks in high school. Though, he didn't fail anything, I'm pretty sure he wasn't top of his class. I don't even think he went to college before writing his paper on Special Relativity. So, if you continue to study, you have a shot at writing a paper concerning how special properties of the Strong Nuclear force in Iron allows it to be accelerated to speeds faster than light via a rail gun-type accelator.

Err...check your fact. Einstein certainly already had his degree by the time he was working at the patent office and published his research papers.

lol i need more advice!

Jay Ssj said:
lol i need more advice!

My first piece of advice would be to use proper English spelling and grammar whenever possible. If English is not your native language, the occasional spelling mistake or odd grammatical statement may be overlooked, but using "net-speak" abbreviations like "ppl", "every1", "r" (instead of "are", similarly "u" instead of "you", etc.), "lol", etc., will not be overlooked and are not appreciated. This is not a text message or twitter - you have the space and the time to write out everything properly. The more professional your messages look, the more professionally you will be treated, and the more advice you may get.

As for your question, is science really something you can see yourself doing for a living, or is it a hobby? You say you want to change things, but do you really know what kind of work (and luck) that requires? It's good to be ambitious, but if you really love science and want to switch into it, you should have realistic expectations of what you will be doing. You are not likely to start a revolution or win a Nobel Prize, so you have to be content with doing science because you love doing science, not because you hope to be famous. Don't switch into it on a whim or because you have read some popular science books. Have you actually taken any physics classes in university? I would start with those if you haven't already.

1. What education or qualifications are needed to become a scientist?

The specific education and qualifications needed to become a scientist vary depending on the field of study. Generally, a strong foundation in math and science is necessary, along with a bachelor's degree in a related field. Many scientists also pursue graduate degrees and complete research internships or fellowships.

2. What skills are important for a scientist to possess?

Some important skills for a scientist include critical thinking, problem-solving, attention to detail, and strong communication skills. Additionally, being able to work independently and collaboratively, as well as having a curiosity and passion for learning, are important traits for a scientist to have.

3. What is the typical career path for a scientist?

The career path for a scientist can vary greatly depending on the field of study and individual goals. Generally, it involves completing a bachelor's degree, pursuing graduate studies, and then entering the workforce as a researcher or working in a related field. Many scientists also continue to advance their careers through publishing research, obtaining grants, and taking on leadership roles.

4. What are the most common challenges faced by scientists?

Some common challenges faced by scientists include securing funding for research, navigating the competitive job market, and dealing with rejections or setbacks in their work. Additionally, balancing personal and professional life and maintaining a work-life balance can be a challenge for some scientists.

5. How can someone use their vision to become a successful scientist?

A strong vision and clear goals can be a driving force for success in any career, including as a scientist. By setting specific and achievable goals, staying motivated and focused, and continuously learning and adapting, one can use their vision to guide and propel them towards a successful career as a scientist.