Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

VLSI test circuit

1. Jul 2, 2014 #1
    VLSI testing is process that is used to determine that chip is good or faulty

VLSI chip is tested by test equipment and some test circuit

can anybody tell me the example of some test circuit

actually I am confused I don't understand that fault model and test circuit are different or same things

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

here's a presentation of VLSI test that may clarify some of your points:

http://www.ece.uc.edu/~wjone/intro.pdf

It shows various type of fault models, and testing methodology like BIST or boundary scan...

4. Jul 3, 2014 #3
    I have read that pdf
    actually I am confused I don't understand that fault model and test circuit are different or same things

5. Jul 3, 2014 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

From my understanding, you create a test circuit (slide 8) and from that you inject a simple fault like what if the A input is stuck at zero then you apply an input signal and get a resultant output signal from your model.

When you apply the above input signal to the real circuit under test and you get the output signal above then you know it failed with the fault of the A input being stuck and in essence using the output to characterize the circuit's operation and identify its fault.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook