Volume of a quarter cylinder between 2 planes

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Matternot
Gold Member
Messages
129
Reaction score
8

Homework Statement


Find the volume V of the region that lies inside the quarter cylinder
0 ≤ r ≤ 1, 0 ≤ θ ⇐ 1/2 π and between the planes x+y+z=4 and z=0, where (r, θ, z) are cylindrical polar coordinates.

Homework Equations


integral dV = integral r drdθdz

The Attempt at a Solution


I considered 4pi (volume of cylinder up to z=4) and the volume between the planes z=0 and x+y+z = 0

My biggest problem is working out which I should take as my final variable to integrate. I assume it'll be r
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Oops... Came up with a solution leading to the result π-2/3 immediately after posting. If anyone wants to check my answer, be my guest.
 
Last edited:
Stephen Hodgson said:
Oops... Came up with a solution leading to the result π-2/3 immediately after posting. If anyone wants to check my answer, be my guest.
Looks right.