Volume of a Carton: 35.5cm x 27.23cm x 54cm

• Thread starter tommyjohn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Volume
In summary, the volume of the carton with a base of 35.5 cm and a length of 27.23 cm and a height of 54 cm is 52199.91 cm^3. To find the time it takes for an airplane to travel 1 km at a speed of 950 km/h, you divide 3600 seconds by 950 km/h, which equals 3.8 hours.
tommyjohn

Homework Statement

What is the volume of a carton if tis base has a width of 35.5 cm and a length of 27.23cm? The height of the carton is 54 cm.

Homework Equations

v=bxh

The Attempt at a Solution

35.5x54=1917

im pretty sure volume is base x height but i don't know if with the length i have to do something more or if that's just there to trick me or what?

Also an airplane travels at 950 km/h. how long does it take it to travel 1.00 km?..

Physics news on Phys.org
Area=base*length

but volume=base*length*height'

for the second question:
here is a hint.
if something moves at 2km/h

then in it travels 2km in 1 hour

so as for question numer 1 it would be 35.5x27.23x54 which equals 52199.91 and rounded to the appropriate number of sig figs it would be 52x10(-3) correct?

as for question number 2 i understand that concept but its asking how long would it take for it to go 1 km..i tried dividing it by 3600 (seconds in an hour) yet i don't get the answer which is 3.8 according to the back of the book. and I am a moron i just figured it out lol 3600/950 thanks a ton

Question 1 is good.

If I travel 2km in 1h and you want to know how long it takes me to travel 10km.

so

I travel 2km in 1h
thus for 1km I'd take 1/2h

in 10km I'd take (1/2*10)h=5h

thank you i appreciate it..I like how on this website you guys actually help out and not give the answer

Related to Volume of a Carton: 35.5cm x 27.23cm x 54cm

1. What is the formula for calculating the volume of a carton?

The formula for calculating the volume of a carton is length x width x height. In this case, it would be 35.5cm x 27.23cm x 54cm.

2. What is the unit of measurement for the volume of a carton?

The unit of measurement for the volume of a carton is cubic centimeters (cm³).

3. Is the given measurement the external or internal volume of the carton?

The given measurement is most likely the external volume of the carton. To calculate the internal volume, you would need to subtract the thickness of the carton walls from each dimension.

4. Can the volume of a carton be measured in other units?

Yes, the volume of a carton can also be measured in cubic inches, cubic feet, or liters. However, the dimensions of the carton would need to be converted to the corresponding units first.

5. How accurate is the given measurement of the carton's volume?

The accuracy of the given measurement would depend on the precision of the measuring instruments used and the skill of the person taking the measurements. To increase accuracy, it is best to use more precise measuring tools and take multiple measurements.