Want to delay power in a series, how can I do that?

In summary, the person is looking for an analog way to delay the power being sent through a wire in fractions of a second. They are hoping to find something that can be soldered in between each section. A solution could be an analog delay line circuit, and there are datasheets available for these types of circuits.
cowmoo32
I have a driver that sends power to a wire when it hears a sound. What I would like to do is cut the wire into sections and put something inline that would delay the power getting sent by a fraction of a second. So, wire 1 is powered, Δt, wire 2 is powered, Δt, wire 3 is powered, etc. Is there an analog way to do this? Ideally it would be something I could solder in between each section.

Engineering news on Phys.org
cowmoo32 said:
I have a driver that sends power to a wire when it hears a sound. What I would like to do is cut the wire into sections and put something inline that would delay the power getting sent by a fraction of a second. So, wire 1 is powered, Δt, wire 2 is powered, Δt, wire 3 is powered, etc. Is there an analog way to do this? Ideally it would be something I could solder in between each section.

It sounds like you want to use an analog delay line circuit:

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/analog delay line schematic-datasheet.html

There are some datasheets for such parts/circuits.

FAQ: Want to delay power in a series, how can I do that?

1. What is the purpose of delaying power in a series?

Delaying power in a series can help to control the flow of electricity, allowing for better regulation and stability in a circuit. It can also be used to synchronize different components in a system.

2. How can I delay power in a series using resistors?

One way to delay power in a series is by using resistors in the circuit. The value of the resistor can be adjusted to control the amount of delay. However, this method may cause a voltage drop and can be less precise compared to other methods.

3. Can capacitors be used to delay power in a series?

Yes, capacitors can also be used to delay power in a series. By using a capacitor with a specific capacitance value, the charging and discharging of the capacitor can create a delay in the circuit. This method is more precise and has less voltage drop compared to using resistors.

4. Is there a way to delay power in a series without using additional components?

Yes, it is possible to delay power in a series without using additional components. This can be achieved by using the inherent capacitance and inductance of the circuit elements, such as wires and components. However, the delay may not be as precise as using dedicated components.

5. Are there any other methods for delaying power in a series?

Aside from using resistors, capacitors, and the inherent capacitance and inductance of components, other methods for delaying power in a series include using delay lines, phase-locked loops, and microcontrollers. These methods can provide more precise and customizable delays, but may require more advanced knowledge and equipment.

Back