Want to delay power in a series, how can I do that?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
cowmoo32
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
I have a driver that sends power to a wire when it hears a sound. What I would like to do is cut the wire into sections and put something inline that would delay the power getting sent by a fraction of a second. So, wire 1 is powered, Δt, wire 2 is powered, Δt, wire 3 is powered, etc. Is there an analog way to do this? Ideally it would be something I could solder in between each section.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
cowmoo32 said:
I have a driver that sends power to a wire when it hears a sound. What I would like to do is cut the wire into sections and put something inline that would delay the power getting sent by a fraction of a second. So, wire 1 is powered, Δt, wire 2 is powered, Δt, wire 3 is powered, etc. Is there an analog way to do this? Ideally it would be something I could solder in between each section.

It sounds like you want to use an analog delay line circuit:

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/analog delay line schematic-datasheet.html

There are some datasheets for such parts/circuits.