Answers: 1) What is a Warning Log?2) OPM_deny Message: What Does It Mean?

• Thread starter bomba923
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of "warning logs" and how they are used on the forum. The warning system is in place to track and monitor members' behavior and can be viewed through a warning bar. With a recent update, the warning system has been reset and now all members start off with a clean slate. The conversation also mentions difficulties in accessing the warning log in the past.
bomba923
"Warning logs" ?

1) I notice that there is a short bar underneath the username in my post; currently it is 0% ...tho I don't see it for other members? What is a "warning log"?

2) Yesterday I couldn't access PF, and rather received an "OPM_deny" message. What does this mean?

Physics news on Phys.org
bomba923 said:
1) I notice that there is a short bar underneath the username in my post; currently it is 0% ...tho I don't see it for other members? What is a "warning log"?

Warning are usually given for when you do not follow the guideline such as annoying behavior, posting homework without any effort of solving the questions, double posting, spam and crack pot material.
The warning system was there before the update. Before you could view your warning with a link at the top of your post box. Now, a warning bar replace the old link.
So basicly your warning log is filled everytime you get a warning. It help the mentor and you to keep track of your behavior that you had in the past.

Oh and as Dr. Phil would say, "past behavior is and indication of future behavior". But don't get me and the doctor wrong. If someone continues to perform good behavior, the past gradually gets "over written" with good behavior and then the past reflects future good behavior. Am I digressing?

saltydog said:
Oh and as Dr. Phil would say, "past behavior is and indication of future behavior". But don't get me and the doctor wrong. If someone continues to perform good behavior, the past gradually gets "over written" with good behavior and then the past reflects future good behavior. Am I digressing?
Heh heh, the past was overwritten. With the upgrade, everyone started off with a clean slate (those who already had warnings will have noticed this). So, now our "most improved" members no longer have their past haunting them. :smile:

iansmith said:
Before you could view your warning with a link at the top of your post box. Now, a warning bar replace the old link.

I was never was able to access that old link in the first place (since I joined PF)!

bomba923 said:
I was never was able to access that old link in the first place (since I joined PF)!
Me neither. I was worried that I had a warning indicator at the bottom (although it was at 0%).:rofl:

Alex

Last edited:

What is a Warning Log?

A warning log is a record that lists any warnings or errors that occur during a scientific experiment or data analysis. It helps scientists keep track of potential issues that may affect the accuracy or validity of their results.

OPM_deny Message: What Does It Mean?

OPM_deny message is an error message that may occur when using the Open Port Mapping (OPM) feature on a device. It means that the device was unable to open the specified port for communication, which could be due to a firewall or network issue.