Waterproof iPhone case with speakers/microphone

• Thread starter Alan Pavlov
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Iphone
In summary, the conversation discusses building a waterproof iPhone case with small speakers and a microphone for shower usage. The speaker size and connection method are queried. One person suggests using Bluetooth speakers instead of bringing the phone into the shower.
Alan Pavlov
Hello,

I'm building a waterproof iPhone case with small speakers/microphone on the front. The speakers have to be small but loud enough so I could hear them under the shower. What speakers and microphone would you recommend? How would you connect them? Alan

Engineering news on Phys.org
Wow. My one buddy has been showering with an iPhone for the past 5 years or so.

I thought he was the only insane person to do this! I was wrong!

Here's a thought. Put the phone down and take a 5 minute shower. Dry off, put on clothes...pick up I-phone and continue.

Good grief! I mean I've heard of phone dependence, but this takes it too far.

Also, they sell waterproof cases already, but you probably already know that.

Likes davenn
have to agree with you on that one psparky LOL

It would be a lot smarter to take some Bluetooth speakers into the bathroom, and leave the phone outside.

, that sounds like a great project! There are a few things to consider when selecting speakers and a microphone for your waterproof iPhone case.

Firstly, you will want to choose speakers that are specifically designed for water resistance. These speakers are typically made with materials that can withstand exposure to water and have a waterproof coating on the outer casing. This will ensure that your speakers can withstand being used under the shower without getting damaged.

In terms of size and loudness, it will depend on the specific dimensions and design of your case. However, I would recommend looking for speakers with a high decibel (dB) rating to ensure they are loud enough to be heard over the sound of running water.

For the microphone, you will want to choose one that is also water-resistant and has a good frequency response. This will ensure that your voice is picked up clearly and accurately even in a wet environment. Additionally, consider the placement of the microphone on the case to optimize its performance.

As for connecting the speakers and microphone, you can use a Bluetooth connection to connect them to your iPhone wirelessly. This will also eliminate the need for any wires, making your case more convenient to use in the shower. Alternatively, you could also look into wired connections, but make sure to use waterproof cables.

I hope this helps guide you in selecting the right speakers and microphone for your waterproof iPhone case. Good luck with your project!

1. How does the waterproof iPhone case with speakers/microphone work?

The waterproof iPhone case with speakers/microphone works by enclosing your iPhone in a protective case that has built-in speakers and a microphone. The case is made of waterproof materials and has a special seal to prevent water from entering and damaging your phone. It also has openings for the speakers and microphone to allow sound to pass through.

2. Is the sound quality of the speakers and microphone affected by the waterproof case?

No, the sound quality of the speakers and microphone is not affected by the waterproof case. The materials used in the case are designed to allow sound to pass through easily without compromising the quality. However, external factors such as water pressure or depth may affect the sound quality.

3. Can I use the speakers and microphone while the phone is submerged in water?

Yes, you can use the speakers and microphone while the phone is submerged in water. The case is specifically designed to be waterproof, so it allows you to use your phone's features even when it is underwater. However, it is recommended to avoid submerging your phone for an extended period of time to prevent any potential damage.

4. How deep can I submerge my phone with the waterproof case?

The depth at which you can submerge your phone with the waterproof case depends on the specific case and its waterproof rating. Some cases can withstand depths of up to 6 feet, while others may have a higher or lower rating. It is important to check the case's specifications before submerging it in water.

5. Can I still access my phone's touch screen and buttons with the waterproof case on?

Yes, you can still access your phone's touch screen and buttons with the waterproof case on. The case is designed to allow full functionality of your phone, including touch screen and button access. However, it is recommended to test the touch screen and buttons before submerging the phone to ensure they are working properly.