Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Weinberg's Book Get it!

1. Mar 19, 2008 #1
    Weinberg's Cosmology has come out and in fact I have it! Bought it from amazon.co.uk...Reviewed it too!

Get it !

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 19, 2008 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Odd - it's still listed as pre-order for june on amazon.com - you haven't been playing with that time machine again have you?

ps. This is a graduate level GR class book right? Not like the "first three minutes".

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  4. Mar 19, 2008 #3
    Yes its the new Text on cosmology which starts with equations like the Robertson Walker metric!!! Its available at www.amazon.co.uk -- the uk site... not amazon.com

5. Mar 19, 2008 #4
    In fact it got released about 15-20 days back...Amazon delivery was slow... I stay in India...

6. Mar 19, 2008 #5

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

It was released in the UK at the end of last month.

Yes, I'd say it was a graduate level book, but I think it's more of a Cosmology book than a GR book. I've not looked at it (since I've not found a bookshop that stocks it, and it's a bit too pricey to buy blind)) but I imagine it requires a firm background in GR.

superpoincare: are you getting commission?

7. Mar 19, 2008 #6
    Cristo... seriously asking me about commisions... mmm.. nope man .. I am a big Weinberg fan... I have read most parts of the quantum field theory texts... I am no longer in Physics (dropped out) and just wanted to share the excitement with some physicists...

8. Mar 19, 2008 #7

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Thanks, Odd that it was published in the UK first - we normally have to wait an extra month for anything that isn't Harry Potter!

9. Mar 19, 2008 #8
    Why odd?? Cambridge University Press

10. Mar 19, 2008 #9

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I was only joking, don't take it too seriously! Thanks for letting us know, anyway.

Yea, tell me about it! Still, it is published by Oxford University Press, so it's only fair we get it first.

11. Mar 19, 2008 #10
    I think I am the first buyer of the book! I was regularly tracking it at amazon and one fine day it turned from preorder to available!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?