TheStatutoryApe
- 301
- 3
I miss playing in the kitchen. I hope that cooking is like riding a bike because I'm pretty sure when I get to it again I will be pretty rusty. Maybe I'll cook something tonight, I just worry about waking everyone up with the clatter since I don't get home until after midnight.
We were compatible in every way except having careers that worked together. He was an engineer and is now a lawyer, but both professions require licensing/passing exams to practice that you have to retake in every state you work in, and you all know how nomadic my career is. He'd no sooner pass his exams and we'd have to move to another state again. Neither of us ever wanted to hold the other back professionally, that was the main reason we didn't stay together or ever get back together...there were other issues of immaturity of our relationship at the time as well, but had the career thing not been an issue, we would have worked those out as we have in the process of staying friends. No point crying over spilled milk. I have realized what is and isn't important in relationships as an outcome, and would probably reprioritize the relationship/career balance much differently if it was an issue on a second time around.
:!)