Welcome to the Tiki Bar lounge

  • Thread starter Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Box
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
796 replies · 79K views
Astronuc said:
And TikiBar Security to boot!
I don't really think I need to police this crowd, except for maybe when the pirates drop in. Moonie wasn't too thrilled with being made to walk the plank and she can hold a grudge. :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
sorry to bother you but where is Arctic Fox?
 
Sorry Lisa, I don't really see him around very often. I'm not sure.
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
College campus security, swing shift. The campus was pretty much closed but we have dorms and the dorm students are still here. Also plenty of expensive equipment in the computer labs. So we're here 24/7, 365 days a year.
Oh, that's right, you told us that once before. I just forgot.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I don't really think I need to police this crowd, except for maybe when the pirates drop in. Moonie wasn't too thrilled with being made to walk the plank and she can hold a grudge. :biggrin:

o:) Hold a grudge? Me? :rolleyes: Okay, maybe, sometimes, but only if you call me chickie baby girl. :-p
 
Moonbear said:
Oh, that's right, you told us that once before. I just forgot.



o:) Hold a grudge? Me? :rolleyes: Okay, maybe, sometimes, but only if you call me chickie baby girl. :-p
what about me?what should I call you?
 
why do I always have to drop by on these times?
 
Moonbear said:
chickie baby girl.
:smile:
I wouldn't address anyone with that combo, not even my wife. She would definitely punch my lights out at that! :biggrin:
 
yomamma said:
why do I always have to drop by on these times?
Bad timing? :biggrin: Learn to plan your entrances carefully.
 
Astronuc said:
:smile:
I wouldn't address anyone with that combo, not even my wife. She would definitely punch my lights out at that! :biggrin:
I might say it jokingly. I actually had a grilfriend who liked me to call her BubuKittyF***.
 
bubukittyf***...hahaha!
you shouldn't have said that. people might start referring to you by "bubukittyfu***"
 
Ugh, I just ate 3/4 of a pound of fried okra and now I think I'm going to vomit. :frown:
 
yourdadonapogostick said:
ewww...
I concur. Why would you do that to yourself Evo?
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
I concur. Why would you do that to yourself Evo?
I was hungry, they were there, I was reading and the next thing I knew I had eaten almost all of them and I was sick.
 
reading rots your mind. it wasn't the food, it was the book. :smile:
 
yourdadonapogostick said:
reading rots your mind. it wasn't the food, it was the book. :smile:
I would probably feel better if I had eaten the book. :redface:
 
yourdadonapogostick said:
reading rots your mind.
I learned that after reading franzbear. I still remember reading those pages :bugeye:
 
Evo said:
Ugh, I just ate 3/4 of a pound of fried okra and now I think I'm going to vomit. :frown:
I like fried okra, and would have the same problem if it just sat there, I'd keep eating. How's your house and electric doing since that storm?
 
hypatia said:
its a slimy snot like veggie
No, the veggie isn't snot-like, just the slime it creates when you cook it. :biggrin: Actually, if you cook it long enough, the sliminess goes away and it's very tasty. It's good for thickening gumbo too. :approve:
 
lol I recall my Granny putting a pile of okra on my plate, and I just sat there and cried.
 
hypatia said:
lol I recall my Granny putting a pile of okra on my plate, and I just sat there and cried.
Aww. Was that the first time you ever saw it? Or had you already decided you didn't like it? The first time I had it, it was fried, and I didn't even know what it was, it was on a buffet when I was a kid and we took a family trip to the south. I loved it and couldn't get enough; kept going back for more. It only took me about another 20 years to rediscover it, and as soon as I saw it, I knew it was what I loved eating at that buffet. Hmm...maybe I should go fry me up some okra now. :approve:
 
I've had decent okra and I don't mind it in gumbo. I just don't care for the fried stuff. Maybe it's just because my grandmother is a terrible cook.
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
I've had decent okra and I don't mind it in gumbo. I just don't care for the fried stuff. Maybe it's just because my grandmother is a terrible cook.
I don't think you can do much to ruin fried okra unless it's burnt. That's okay, if you don't like it fried, you'll be all the healthier for it.