Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Well here goes, I'm learning LaTex!

1. Jun 21, 2013 #1
    Not too bad, gets more intuitive as you go along. If that makes sense.

Going through some tutorials and trying to type of some math for a paper. Some basic and very stupid questions. I am using the TeXworks editor.

When I get errors on attempting to typeset, I'm given a line number where the error occurred. That would be very helpful, if I knew where that line was. But it's not like they are numbered or anything, and I really don't want to count. Obviously I'm missing something here.

I'm getting a "there's no line here to end" error, but it doesn't say what line. Where is "here?"

That's all for now...

-Dave K
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2013 #2
    Why is it that one always discovers the answer to ones own question after posting? I even pre-googled!

I figured out how to "go to line" (control L) and the "no line to end" indeed had a line number a few lines down.

So, nevermind. Sorry. But I might have more questions if I can use this thread...
  4. Jun 21, 2013 #3

Gold Member

Sometimes the hat is *on* your head already!
  5. Jun 21, 2013 #4
    You said it...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook