Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Well here goes, I'm learning LaTex!

Tags:
  1. Jun 21, 2013 #1
    Not too bad, gets more intuitive as you go along. If that makes sense.

Going through some tutorials and trying to type of some math for a paper. Some basic and very stupid questions. I am using the TeXworks editor.

When I get errors on attempting to typeset, I'm given a line number where the error occurred. That would be very helpful, if I knew where that line was. But it's not like they are numbered or anything, and I really don't want to count. Obviously I'm missing something here.

I'm getting a "there's no line here to end" error, but it doesn't say what line. Where is "here?"

That's all for now...

-Dave K

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2013 #2
    Why is it that one always discovers the answer to ones own question after posting? I even pre-googled!

I figured out how to "go to line" (control L) and the "no line to end" indeed had a line number a few lines down.

So, nevermind. Sorry. But I might have more questions if I can use this thread...

4. Jun 21, 2013 #3

kreil

Gold Member

Sometimes the hat is *on* your head already!

5. Jun 21, 2013 #4
    You said it...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook