What are the Limits of N* with c in Analysis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shackleford
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Analysis Limits
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Shackleford
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
2
I'm not sure about my work.

N = neighborhood
N* = deleted neighborhood
c = accumulation point


http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n149/camarolt4z28/IMG_20111011_224646.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n149/camarolt4z28/IMG_20111011_224704.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The first one looks fine, but here's a simpler counterexample:
[tex]f(x) = \left\{ <br /> \begin{array}{l l}<br /> 1 & \quad \mbox{x = 1}\\<br /> 0 & \quad \mbox{otherwise}\\ \end{array} \right.[/tex]
 
Mark44 said:
For the other one, your scan is so dark and of such poor quality that I can't read it.

You should be able to zoom in. If that doesn't work, I'll take another picture.
 
Shackleford said:
You should be able to zoom in. If that doesn't work, I'll take another picture.
It's also difficult to read your writing. It would be better if you just entered what you have as text.

Frankly, if you want us to help with your work, it behooves you to make it as easy as possible for us to do so. Whenever someone posts a picture of their work, and I have to click a link to see a scanned photo of it, I really don't feel much like putting in a lot of effort to decipher what's there.
 
The professor worked the second problem in class today. I had the the right idea, but he did it a bit more rigorously.

This next picture should be clear enough. I said this is false.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n149/camarolt4z28/rsz_img_20111012_151514.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator: